Post a new topic
    5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 10, 2010 2:54 AM by asd123456

Funding Decision

I operate a growing food manufacturing business in Jamaica. Should I consider Equity Funding or Loan? I have small debts I would like to consolidate. I also want to capitalize in order to grow.
        • Re: Funding Decision
          To add clarity. The business is a small player in the Over $6 billion (per annum) speciality food industry. The major issue however is finding funds to add new customers. For example to add an additional Hotel chain to my list of customers will take capital. I already have major players in the industry as my customers however receivables are slow in coming. I am thinking that, if I take a loan I could run into the same situation in a matter of months. I have considered equity partners before but each time they seem to want to offer more than just the capital. I am the brainchild of this business and I have brought it this stage where they think it is very viable . I am not averse to good ideas but if the thing is doing well why try to alter the formula. My debts are small but can be overwhelming if funds dont come in on time. I have potential markets waiting on me.
              EZ2010 Newbie
              It sounds like you may want to consider selling your receivables that are slow paying to a factoring company so you can get the cash you need much faster. The issue is that you are overseas but if you have some ties to the U.S., you may be able to find a factor if your customers can be validated. Slowly you may be able to use the money for funding your business.

Action Business Solutions, Inc.
              www.action-business-solutions.com
              J.summer Wayfarer
              Loan will be okay
                asd123456 Newbie
                For example to add an additional Hotel chain to my list of customers will take capital. I already have major players in the industry as my customers however receivables are slow in coming. I am thinking that, if I take a loan I could run into the same situation in a matter of months. I have considered equity partners before but each time they seem to want to offer more than just the capital. I am the brainchild of this business and I have brought it this stage where they think it is very viable .
                ========================================
                Free Wedding Hawaii