Post a new topic
    6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 8, 2008 9:19 AM by intechspecial

Request for Comments on Entriki.com

TMDarke Newbie
      In 2008, I was one of the original founders of a lifeguard management company in Atlanta. My younger brother and I had been lifeguards during college summer breaks. We decided we could do better. Starting with a few hundred dollars, borrowed from our credit cards, we ended up grossing about $140K in our second year. There's more to the story, which I hope to talk about later, but I ended up leaving the company in exchange for a steady paycheck and many years of enjoyable employment in various roles at two fortune 500 companies. However, managing my own company has been the most rewarding experience of my professional career.

As you can imagine, two college students starting a business in the '80s, before most people had ever heard of the Internet, was incredibly challenging. We lacked access to much needed information regarding how to run that type of business, much less any type of business. I will never forget asking our previous boss, now a competitor, for advice. He actually obliged, giving us valuable advice, contacts at his chemical distributors, even where to buy insurance.

What I learned is that being an entrepreneur is not about winning at someone else's expense, it's about succeeding while giving back, which is a big part of why I have created Entriki.com.

The reason for this post is that I'd like to ask for your help. Please visit my site and let me know what you think. Although the site is public, it is really in beta. For Entriki.com to succeed as a valuable resource for you, it needs your direction. Please visit www.entriki.com and provide feedback.

Thank You

Btw - I posted this from my I-Phone ;-)