Post a new topic
    3 Replies Latest reply on May 2, 2010 10:02 AM by LUCKIEST

Starting a New Business

bratchild Newbie
      I am wanting to open a movie theater... But have no clue where to start and what to do first... Can anyone point me to the right path...

Brandi
        • Re: Starting a New Business
          Tracker

Brandi:

I recently started a new 10-post series on my blog focusing on how to start a small business.

Here is the first post of the series:

http://thesologuide.com/1830/define-your-uvp-and-prime-prospects/

The series is in sequential order. It doesn't take long to read and from the comments the posts are receiving, I believe your will find them useful.

After reading them, if you have any questions or need any further help, please let me know.

All the Best,

Doug Dolan

The Solopreneur's Guide

http://thesologuide.com/
            JohnW11 Newbie
            Hi Brandi

What a great goal to have . . . I love it!

It's important though that, before you even start on the process of opening the theatre - the nuts and bolts of the operation - you must go through a research phase to make sure that you have a reasonable chance of success.

The first aspect of this is market research - making sure that what you are planning to do has a market, looking at the competitors, determining your usp, etc. Once you have done this you can move on to the business planning phase which will then give you a track to run on.

Then, and only then, are you ready to begin the process of starting your business. Unfortunately, many people tackle the process in reverse, for example, in this case buying a venue to turn into a movie theatre, working through the conversion, getting ready to open and then starting to think about marketing. If you go about it in the way I have suggested then you may find that your initial thinking is modified by the process and that the final result is a much more successful venture.

Because this is way too much to explain in a forum, my company has decided to provide a
            comprehensive range of free training materials aimed at the small
            business owner, particularly the new start up. This free training
            includes new business planning, marketing, time management, sales
            skills, etc, and is all available for free at http://www.businesslearningdirect.com

Good luck Brandi!

John
              LUCKIEST Guide
              Starting a New Business

If I wanted to open a movie theatre, I would do two things

One, Contact SCORE. SCORE is FREE.

Two. Develop a business plan and yes SCORE can help with the plan.

Who r u?? Go to Members page and share some info.

Good luck
              <!--Session data-->