Post a new topic
    4 Replies Latest reply on May 3, 2010 8:41 AM by RDTHOMPSON

QUICK BOOKS

RDTHOMPSON Newbie
      I HAVE BEEN USING QUICK BOOKS FOR OVER A YEAR.. IS THERE ANY WAY TO PURGE????...I DO NOT NEED ALL OF THE PAST YEAR AND HALF IN FRONT OF ME...TAKES UP TO MUCH MEMORY...I HAVE SAVED IT ALL AND HAVE HARD COPIES...
      RDTHOMPSON
        • Re: QUICK BOOKS
          amspcs Ranger
          I believe there is a process called 'archive' that lets you do what you want. Try tolook that up t in HELP it see what it says.
          AMSPCS
          1 of 1 people found this helpful
              RDTHOMPSON Newbie
              I WILL TRY THAT..I HAD THOUGHT ABOUT THAT BEFORE..ONLY I WAS UNDER THE IMPRESSION THAT IT WAS STILL HELD IN THE COMPUTER MEMORY TAKING UP SPACE...BUT LOOKS LIKE THAT IS THE ONLY SOLUTION TO REDUCING WHAT IS IN FRONT OF ME.....
                  krsmith Newbie
                  If you're worry is the memory it is using on your computer save your file to a thumb drive or external drive.

Another option is to go to FILE --> UTILITIES --> CLEAN UP COMPANY DATA. This will remove all previous transactions while saving data such as lists & preferences. I would strongly recommend that you save a complete file on a thumb drive or external drive first for permanent records, and a print copy of important financial reports (profit & loss, balance sheet, etc...) before doing this. Hope this helps!