Post a new topic
    12 Replies Latest reply on Feb 22, 2008 5:46 PM by MoneyforBiz

Business Bank Account...?

Block22 Newbie

Does anybody have a recommendations for opening a business account to a small LLC construction business... ?( What bank? , What kind of account?, What to look for when opening an account?)
      Thank you all
      Gur
        • Re: Business Bank Account...?
          DomainDiva Ranger
          FREE FREE FREE...

Thats what you are looking for. Some banks amortize your monthly balance and charge outlandish fees.

I have free business chekcing at Washington Mutual. Mind now WAMU is not a bank its' a thrift and is regulated by the US Treasury department. WAMU may not have the capacity to loan as much money as you may need in the future such as Chase.

Chase also has some business checking programs as well. Start making personal visits to the beanches located nearest to your home or office so you can talk face to face and get some real information. Phone calls and websites are pretty useless when it comes to establishing a business relationship.
            LUCKIEST Guide
            Block 22, Is this a new business?? Do you have a Business name and a Federal I D Number??
            You are in
            Fort Worth,
            Texas. Is Bank of America in town??
            Basically you pick a bank by location and convince (like hours)
            Good luck, LUCKIEST
              CorpCons08 Ranger
              Not to sound partial, but BofA offers a great program for new businesses.
              If you personally bank with them, you get charged no monthly maintenance fee on your business account for 2yrs.

CC08
                DomainDiva Ranger
                My favorite word here..FREE.

Chase, Bof A & WAMU have free business checking. Start making the rounds to each branch close to your home or office. Websites and phone calls are useless when establishing a business banking relationship.
                  amspcs Ranger
                  Before I put my two cents in, let me begin by wishing one and all a happy and healthy 2008.

Several people have mentioned the merits of finding a free business account. To be sure, nobody appreciates free more than I do, and there are certainly many banks out there offering 'free' accounts.

I have found, however, that these 'free' accounts tend to attrach heavy numbers of individuals seeking free banking accounts, as opposed to business accounts. That means the lobbies and drive-thru lanes are always crowded and every time you stop in to make a deposit or conduct any kind of banking business, you can expect to be there awhile. "Time is money" as they say, and wasting a half-hour of my valuable time standing in a bank line in order to save less than a dollar a day in bank fees doesn't sound like a bargain or smart business decision to me.

I therefore submit that your choice of bank should be the combination of reasonable (not necessarily free) fees along with convenience in terms of physical location, banking hours, ammeneties (Saturday banking , drive-thru ATMS, lots of well-manned drive-thru lanes)etc.) just to name a few.

Hope this helps.
                  Barry
                  Automated Merchant Solutions
                  www.merchantservices-help.com
                    rowzlandson Newbie
                    One other note, though, sometimes a checking account from WAMU won't be in your best interests, such as the hold they put on deposited checks...I use a local credit union and it's worked out well for me, although I'm sure WAMU has plenty of satisfied customers as well.
                      CorpCons08 Ranger
                      Try this guide to help you make your decision:

http://www.work.com/small-business-checking-2176

CC08
                        MoneyforBiz Wayfarer
                        I would suggest your local credit union.....you can establish a relationship with them for half the cost of the big commercial banks and normally they are looking to establish rapport with area businesses for community awareness and exposure......