Post a new topic
    7 Replies Latest reply on Feb 14, 2009 3:12 PM by LUCKIEST

Getting ready for 2008 Tax Season

dantau Newbie
      We have an Accounting/Tax Service and I would like some tips on how to organize to insure a successful 2008 Tax Season. I think we can increase profitability by being more organized.
        • Re: Getting ready for 2008 Tax Season
          LUCKIEST Guide
          Welcome. I have gone through many tax seasons.
          Tell us more. Where are you located?? How long have you been in business?
          What kind of TIPS?? Yes you can increase profitability by being more organized.
          LUCKIEST
              dantau Newbie

My husband and I own an Accounting Firm. He is a CPA and does most of the work. I just help out periodically. I also do Porcelain dolls when I have time, but most of my after-work hours are spent helping him out. I think I also have a user id and password set up for this business; but I don't remember what it is.

I am trying to convince him that he should have a set procedure, guidelines, forms, etc when meeting with new clients and tax clients. If you can point me to a site that has this type of information that would be great.

We have been in business for 5 years now; and I think the business should be more profitable by now; and the reason it is not is due to lack of organization. We are in Charlotte, NC.
              LUCKIEST Guide
              After I answered you, I looked at the Members profile
              Found " Handcraft Porcelain Dolls, Porcelain-like Dolls, and Cloth Dolls"
              How did you get from there to taxes??
              LUCKIEST
                mytaxfiler Newbie
                Have a good e-marketing strategy, sending newsletters and find other ways to connect with your clients. Having a good website is also very important.

Thanks, www.mytaxfiler.com
                  wyoming86 Newbie
                  Someone once said that a goal without a plan is just a dream. (not that dreams are bad) You're wise to recognize the need for a strong business plan, no matter how simple. Start by defining the issues. Then develop a goal for each issue, followed by measurable objectives. The final step is the plan of action needed to achieve the goals and objectives. Example: Issue: Not profitable. Goal: Generate more revenue than expenses. Objective: To increase revenue over expenses by 20% in 2009. Plan: 1)advertise on free sites; 2)Low cost flyers on community boards 3) Ask existing customers for repeat business 4) Ask existing customers for referrals 5) Offer discount if a referral signs up etc etc The plan begins to blossom as you brainstorm the action steps needed to achieve your goals.