Post a new topic
    3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 10, 2010 6:59 AM by Mongoose

What do you think of my Facebook Fan Page?

Navigator
      We added some photo galleries and some custom tabs-- now looking for more traffic!
      http://www.facebook.com/LaserSurgery

Love to hear your thoughts! Don't be afraid to be honest-- I can take it.
        • Re: What do you think of my Facebook Fan Page?
          SEO.SEM.Geek Adventurer
          Hi; IMO Try lighter background or even remove it. It will improves readability and will be more consistant like other facebook pages.

Users like to see everything in a same way or familliar with former experience. Page in the facebook beeter to hads look like other facebook pages which is obviously has no background, but this is just my point of view.

Good luck and I hope this helps
          1 of 1 people found this helpful
            Vince Adventurer
            Overall, you have a highly polished pages on Facebook. But it kinda looks like a website that has been relocated to Facebook.

The question I would ask is how is this Facebook experience different than any other online experience that may be out there. If people are looking for conversations and useful information on Facebook, then should this be structured a little more to look like a blog or forum where fans can discuss and promote the brand and services being offered. Can the business push out content that would help potential clients or existing clients. Can a 2-way conversation be established in this channel that you couldn't do on a traditional website? Is there an ability to link the main website to this experience to bring them together?

Once again, I think you have some good stuff up there. Clearly a lot of effort has been put into the experiential elements.

Those are just my thoughts. Take them for what they are worth.

Regards,
            Vince
            1 of 1 people found this helpful
                Navigator
                Hi Vince,

Thanks for the helpful thoughts. We have been considering how to make a business Facebook page more social, as opposed to just taking existing website content and just pasting it in. We made another one that we think is a bit more interactive and different than the regular site. Try this:

http://www.facebook.com/CarrChevyWorld

Now we have some interactivity, but haven't tailored it to have Facebook-only specials or things that encourage more participation, which is what social networks are about.

Vince-- you make some good points. Do you have a page, by the way?