Post a new topic
    10 Replies Latest reply on Dec 2, 2009 3:43 AM by ssrichandra

School Management web Solution Company

hithesh Newbie
      We are bunch of Technical developers(offshore in India) developed school management software aimed at global market in Saas Model. Web Solution will be hosted on colocated served behind firewalls and supports multi instance. We have two editions, standard and Professional . Professional has right now extra features like Teacher to Parent communication via Text Messaging alerts(SMS) and are ready to add VoiceMail alerts soon. Schools can also prefer to host solution at their data centers on their servers. This product has features like Attendance, Fee, Grade management, variety of reports, Internal Communication, MultiLingual site, web access to parents, teacher, students.

Now we are trying to find marketing people and strategists on our low budget who can sell our product offering to schools, playschools, school districts and possibly universities. To be added features are Unified Library, E-Learning, Children Security & Survelillance and many more. Please help me provide some marketing strategies, any marketing help. I am also looking for mentors from teachers(retired) and school administrators to revamp some areas for better usability to school staff, teachers, parents, students.

Thanks
        • Re: School Management web Solution Company
          hithesh Newbie
          By the way we are looking at US Market and my question was to provide services to US schools.
            LUCKIEST Guide
            hithesh, Be glad to help. Tell me more. I have a Marketing background.
            Also very involved with from teachers and school administrators, school staff, teachers,and parents,
            LUCKIEST
                hithesh Newbie
                Luckiest,
                BackGround:
                It took me considerable time(2 years) in developing the product "skoolbag" with budget from my paycheck, driving the developers in india. Since i am technical architect have experience in multiple markets, i have taken lot of design issues in the product, looking at scalabilty in future. Right now i am in process of launching the beta version on my colocated dedicated server. Once done, i can as well show the launched website.

What the product offers:
                It has web access to parents, teachers, students to keep track of their day to day things like emials, assignments(still under construction), many more. I can show you what i have on the demo sample school ,after its launch. It also admin console for resitrars, principals, (name any role with restrictions) where administration can be done. Here is where you can setup school, classes, teams, enroll, fee management, attendance manegement, grade, reports etc.

Buyers: school districts, Individual schools, play schools, Universities, international schools.

what i am looking: i am looking for marketers for this product. i am also looking for mentors to revamp some of the areas in the product to suit to US school standards.

Budget: I can pay for sales we do.

Emial me at hithesh.gazzala@gmail.com for more questions and after few exchanges, we can set up conference call or possible meet.
                    hithesh Newbie
                    I am looking at renweb and Blackbaud as competitors.renweb has 800 school customers.Ofcourse they are well established in market. hoping we can reach there
                        Lighthouse24 Ranger
                        P.S. The first competitor I thought of (maybe because I'm in Texas) was Ignite! Learning, the educational hardware/software firm started by President Bush's brother Neil and funded by his mother Barbara Bush.
                        1 of 1 people found this helpful
                            hithesh Newbie
                            Thats pretty neat lighthouse,backed up with lot of funding. THey are more focussed on learning. My product is focussed on overall school management and in future will include podcasts and e learning (which is our future goal). We are focussed on parent-teacher communication with SMS,VoiceMail, digital maintanance of all school activities, variety of reports,

For all this, we need to move ahead make some sales.Our pricing model is very afforable too. Since its beta, we are looking for step in market. Once we have revenue model working in place for one full year, i can invest back to development and be competitive. As per your suggestin, its very sensible, affordable to hire some retired, subtitute teachers or administrators having expertise in school system , who also adds marketing . Since we are startup company, its very added advantage for them to grow along with us. thats wise advise.

Keep me posted with more thoughts. Thanks for all.
                      Lighthouse24 Ranger
                      Some of your competitors are using Monster.com and CareerBuilder.com to attract the marketing force they need. In addition to helping you "revamp" your product's usability, the people you mentioned (substitute teachers, retired teachers and administrators, etc.) are often looking for extra money and already have some of the connections and presentation skills needed by an outside sales rep. So one strategy would be to provide them with free training on your product (you'd get their input and feedback in exchange), and then authorize them to present the product to schools and school districts on your behalf as independent sale reps. Hope this helps. Best wishes.
                      1 of 1 people found this helpful
                        NOBLEED Wayfarer
                        I just posted on starting a consulting business focused on educational services and saw your forum. I am a school administrator and I can provide mentoring on the product. The product sounds like something I am looking for right now as a principal for next year. Also, if you have experience on my question please feel free to chime in I really need all the advice I can get..perhaps I can consult for your company (not as a conflict of interest) the district that I am in is going through transition and most of the 182 schools are seeking resource alignment. Respond back. I have some ideas.
                            hithesh Newbie
                            HI Nobleed,
                            Very excited to see your reply to my forum. I am defintely looking to get in touch with person like you who has educational background experience as well as business ideas. I am the cofounder and technical architect of Insideidea.com, we do lot of things like hosting, custom software services to small business. But our primary work is on "SkoolBag" www.skoolbag.com , web based management solution for schools, school districts, any kind of instituion. Its currently in beta release. If you can send me an email at hithesh.gazzala@gmail.com with your contact information and time, i can call and discuss more about my product and your ideas and kind of overlay our interests.
                            ssrichandra Newbie
                            §The Government of
                            India is planning to make it compulsory for the educational institutions to
                            have their websites.

I suppose you can focus on Indian market as well as there is lot of potential as slowly all schools will start building their websites and few may include school management software services to their websites