Post a new topic
    2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 26, 2010 11:29 AM by LUCKIEST

When a vendor changes the terms/conditions of sale

OneCitizen Newbie

Usually in the software world, seems like we are always trying to protect the software developers from software piracy...and we should!

However, what can be done when a software vendor sells a basic software shell (a bare bones framework) to you stating that you (as a value added consultant/software developer) can modify and resell as often as you want on as many sites as you want...and then only a few months later says that they are immediately changing their EULA such that you will now have to pay a fee for every location and every website if you apply any future updates/fixes for that product...

When you have distributed to clients with the expectation that you will be able to provide reasonably priced upgrades counting upon the licensing in effect when you purchased the product, this becomes a serious issue.

What can be done, if anything?
        • Re: When a vendor changes the terms/conditions of sale
          amspcs Ranger
          Well, not being a lawyer, I can't/won't give you legal advise. But speaking as someone who has negotiated and accepted or rejected dozens of contracts in my time, it would seem to me that the anwer to your question is:]
          It depends on the terms and conditions of the contractual agreement you agreed to and signed off on with these people.\
          I am asuming you did sign an agreement, did you not? If so, does it deal with rights to future changes or conditions?
          If you didn't sign a formal agreement, then it seems to me they can do anything they want within legal reason.

Short answers: (1) review your contract and (2) consult an attorney

• Re: When a vendor changes the terms/conditions of sale
            LUCKIEST Guide
            When a vendor changes the terms/conditions of sale

Great answer from Amspcs.

One, Who are you?? Go to Members page and share some info
            <!--Session data-->