Post a new topic
    2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 26, 2010 4:52 PM by TheSoloGuide

Starting A Few New Business Need Some Advice

monet5133 Newbie
      I just started a new business offering services to local and worldwide business. I am looking for ways to market my business to potential clients. my business offers data entry, customer service, office support, inbound/outbound calls, answering service, message taking, appointment setting, virtual receptionist and secretarial duties, as well as mailing services.

So for this business I am looking for advertising tips and effective ways to get business clients. I was considering hiring a few independent work from home agents to do cold calling to business to gain leads but I would like to know opinions on what would be a good price to pay and would this be a good idea?

Next business I've been working on is my wedding favors business. So far I've done 2 weddings and had really nice success with the items I created. I do have an etsy site but that is not very promising I've only made one sale. This is a part time business that I do but I love creating new items I'm looking for ways to market this business as well

any ideas/advice welcome

Thanks in advance
        • Re: Starting A Few New Business Need Some Advice
          LUCKIEST Guide
          Need Some Advice

Two ideas or suggestions, Laura

One, A business plan. The other SCORE. SCORE is FREE.

Good luck, LUCKIEST
          <!--Session data-->
          • Re: Starting A Few New Business Need Some Advice
            Tracker

Laura:

Before you spend any money on marketing, I recommend you have a clear definition of who your ideal customer is. This should include demographic information (i.e. age, race, religion, where they live, income, etc...) as well as their personality (i.e. what are their hobbies, their fears, their needs, etc...).

By having a sketch of your target customer, you will have a better chance of understanding how to reach out to them and through what media. Being a B2B company, I recommend you create a profile for both the types of businesses (industry and size) as well as the decision makers in those businesses. The benefits you offer may be different for the business versus the decision maker.

While you may hear various people suggest using a blog, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, ads in specific publications, and networking, these are simply vehicles (along with strong copywriting content) for delivering your message. You still need to have a strategy created before spending time and money on advertising.

I hope this helps for a start. Let me know if you have additional questions. You can reach me at thesologuide@gmail.com, too.

Doug Dolan

The Solopreneur's Guide

http://thesologuide.com/