Post a new topic
    5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 24, 2010 4:53 AM by charly0521

Where can I find investors?

charly0521 Adventurer
      Hi,I hope someone can help me,Where can I find Investors. please
      Thanks
        • Re: Where can I find investors?
          alytus Scout
          finding them is easy, getting them to give you money is the hard part, you need to work on stradegy and market research. good luck
            bpfinance Adventurer
            It depends. What is your idea/what industry is your idea related to? How much do you need?

Have you created your business plan yet? If it isn't strong, whether you find investors or not, you won't get any money from them. You have to be able to explain why your idea is better than goods or services currently available and/or why you will be better at implementing it than competition. You need to know who your target audience is and how you plan to capture their attention. How much money are you putting into the company? At what point will you break even and show your investors some profit?
                charly0521 Adventurer
                Thanks for your answers I have a business plan ,and everything,Its a business like lending club or prosper,with a growth of this kind of business,thats my idea.
                    bpfinance Adventurer
                    Ok, well if your goal is to create a company like that, your best option is to try to get in touch with venture capital firms. I am not sure how much you are planning to put in, but the kind of money it would take to start a business like that likely wouldn't come from angel investors. Your startup funds need to be in the millions to set up a P2P loan system successfully unless you have a specialized plan to get things going.

These firms don't play around. They are there to make money and it is obvious when you start presenting your idea to them. You really need to have a plan and the ability and experience to implement that plan. If your business plan is not strong or is lacking in one area or another, they will find it and question you extensively about it. I have attended presentations where clients were succesful and I have attended ones where clients were unsuccesful. The difference between the two always turn out to come down to one or two aspects of the business plan, and the successful ones are the ones that can go into detail on any aspect of the plan and explain it inteligently.

You need to prepare, prepare, prepare.

I don't know where you're from, so I cannot give you names of venture capitalist firms near you, but a quick search of Google will give you a couple of firms.

If you have any more questions or need additional assistance in finding investors or VC firms, feel free to let me know.
                    forumresponse@brienprivatefinance.com

Jeremy Barfield
                    Chief Forum Response Correspondent
                    http://www.BrienPrivateFinance.com