Post a new topic
    5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 23, 2010 5:27 PM by tbryson

Universal Business Listing-- anyone used them?

Navigator
      I've worked with a few providers that do local business listings. These folks seem quite promising-- however, they don't seem to respond to support questions via phone or email. Anyone have suggestions on other folks to partner with that are more reliable?
        • Re: Universal Business Listing-- anyone used them?
          cptravers Newbie
          Hi Mongoose - this is Chris from UBL - sorry to hear you have not been getting a response from us - we always respond to emails to contact@universalbusinesslisting.org or contact@ubl.org - so please try again. Perhaps there is a filter setting on your email. Send me a personal message too so we can look up the history cptravers@ UBL - I am one of the founders and am always pleased to be able to answer questions. We do answer the phones too, but for a product that is so inexpensive, we cannot justify a full call center. Remember for a small annual fee we distribute a business's profile to over 250 major search engines, online yellow pages, social networks, 411 directory assistance services and mobile phones/GPS navigation devices. You might have tried other services, but we are the only one that goes to ALL the underlying databases with the ability to correct troubled business listings. I hope to hear from you and answer your questions. www.UBL.org
              Navigator
              Hi Chris,

UBL has a great business model and no doubt you guys will be able to fix the operational issues. We are still awaiting your response on a couple items from 2 months ago, when you get a chance, such as the front-end build out. The start-up life is rough, as we both know. It's hard to both grow and operate at the same time. Let me know if we can help.
                  cptravers Newbie
                  Mongoose must be confused about our product offering at UBL - we have been successfully gathering and distributing business listing data to over 250 locations for two years with the current interface. That is what UBL does. But some users, and Mongoose may be among them, expect to subscribe to what is described today as a "reputation monitoring" tool that looks for appearances of these listings online, or tracks changes and track mentions, reviews or ratings on these publishers. That is a great tool and a natural fit for UBL and we will be offering such services in the near future. But these will not be part of a $30 a year subscription! Those tools generally run between $10 and $100 a month due to the complexity of the task. It is possible too that Mongoose is also confusing UBL with a Search Engine Marketing company that tracks clicks and traffic, including those from some of our publishers. Again, that is a different service typically offered by many of our partners in that business.
                tbryson Newbie
                I tried UBL but their submission process is slow. And the data seems to get waterred down. http://www.localsitesubmit.com is a more expensive program but it is quick (listings get added to all directories within 72 hours) and they include photos, videos and business descriptions.
                <a href="http://www.localsitesubmit.com">Local Directory Submissions</a>