Post a new topic
    2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 23, 2010 12:46 PM by cutcomp

Do I need liability waiver if I have a gen liability policy?

MtcGirl Newbie
      Good evening small business community,
      My business is service oriented. I have a general liability insurance policy and have been wondering if I also need to include the common liability language that I've seen from many service business that basically releases business from all liabilities from injuries or illnesses that the client may have sustained while using business' services. Can anyone shed some insight? Thanks in advance!
        • Re: Do I need liability waiver if I have a gen liability policy?
          LUCKIEST Guide
          Do I need liability waiver

Who r u?? Go to Members page and share some info.

Everybody in business needs an insurance agent, an accountant and a lawyer
          <!--Session data-->
          <!--Session data-->
          • Re: Do I need liability waiver if I have a gen liability policy?
            cutcomp Wayfarer
            If you can get your clients to go along with the waiver language, it's a good idea to do so. Remember, your GL policy has set limits--so avoiding claims that would serve to exhaust that limit, where you can, is a very good idea. Also remember that a GL policy has exclusions--one notable one being for professional liability. If you are providing any kind of professional or consulting service, you have a liability exposure that will not be covered by a GL policy--you need a separate Professional Liability policy for that.

Same thing goes for Workers Compensation liability, of course--no other insurance covers for your Workers Compensation liability (and Employers Liability as well). Only a WC policy can insure you for that. A GL policy contains specific exclusions for both WC and professional liability.