Post a new topic
    10 Replies Latest reply on Mar 10, 2011 3:10 AM by Kennedy

NEED ADVISE WITH MY HOME BASED BUSINESS

MONAMAIMUNAH Newbie
      I just recently opened my bookkeeping business, I done alot of marketing and I am certified QuickBooks, till today I still didn't get any client yet, can anyone give me some advise, this is the only job I have now.Thank you
        • Re: NEED ADVISE WITH MY HOME BASED BUSINESS
          horseclick Newbie
          Promote your business as best as you can

• build a website
          • business card
          • pro bono service
          • place ads (in local newspaper or internet)
          • take advantage of social networking like facebook and twitter

grencolur Newbie
            Make sure your pricing is in the "ball park" and it is not the reason your enquiries are on the low side. Consider approaching accountants also.
            1 of 1 people found this helpful
              LUCKIEST Guide
              MY HOME BASED BUSINESS

Who r u?? Go to Members page and share some info.

I can help. I opened and sold bookkeeping businesses.
              <!--Session data-->
                • Give discount for your custumers,
                • Promote it online by making website/ blogs,
                • Use free internet advertising, or use adword ,
                • Build email list.
                • Create squidoo lens or hub pages about your business
                • Create a brochure
                • Put your business info to your local radio advertisement
                • Create a flyere
                Well there is a lot more but i hope that can help your business to get more exposure and good luck
                  1. Research a domain name if you have not purchased one already. Ideally, a .com domain for high search and low competition keyword in your target market. Something in bookkeeping or record keeping. Identify what your end customers needs or wants and how they search for it.

2. Get your site online, wordpress can be setup and maintained quick and easy.

3. Build your contact list - you will want an auto responder service to follow up with people.

4. Offer them a discount, coupon or free information to get them to join your contact list.

5. Promote your site with article and video marketing. Build links to your contact list page.

6. Follow up with your contacts.

7. Continue to promote with articles and video
                  • NEED ADVISE WITH MY HOME BASED BUSINESS
                    joshuawilson Scout

Hi,

I don't know do you have your business website or not. If it is then please promote your website on internet. Online marketing is one best marketing funda today through this you will quality of visitors and business leads also.

Thanks

Yes i agree by bring your business online you can get much more exposure to your products which will increase your buyers or client list.

Wayfarer

Wow, everyone is internet happy. While the internet is a great advertising medium and websites are a cheap and effective tool, they are painfully slow.

A website or a blog are great for maintaining a client base, getting out information, changes in tax laws and so on. Keep your customers informed once you have them.

If you need money now, which would be my guess. You can try local TV which is cost effective and fast. Get a cable TV commercial for a few hundred dollars and pay $10 - $20 for each spot aired. Compare that to google which will charge $10 a click and you see the value.

It will cost you some cash, maybe $1000 total. But you will have customers in a couple of weeks.

If you don't have cash to spend, print up some flyers and businesscards and knock on doors. Go business to business and offer your services. Do that for a week and you will likely have a handful of clients and not have spent more than gas money and some paper and ink.

Once you have clients, by all means get a website. That will help increase your client base as you work with the ones you have.

Kennedy Wayfarer

Hello,

Sounds like you are getting some pretty solid advice.  I have to agree that the internet is a VERY powerfull tool and if you can harness it's energy, you will be fine.  I would suggest first that you learn to build a website and then learn to promote your site and build your list meaning to build a list of customers that you can build a relationship with.  There are many online internet marketing groups out there so be VERY carefull and do your research before jumping on with them.  Unfortunately there are many scams.  Just be carefull is all.  It can all be very overwelming at first but you will learn.  You already have your niche picked out which is the hardest part.  Now you need to get the technical training which is thge scariest part.  I think I can help you with this part.  That was the same part that scared me also.  Here is my site.  See what you think

www.jimsmarketingreviews.com

Take Care,

Jim Kennedy