Post a new topic
    12 Replies Latest reply on Jan 2, 2008 8:56 PM by amynwesley

Our Website Has Changed

amynwesley Adventurer
      Nickels and Dimes Advertising is proud to introduce its new and improved website (www.nickelsanddimes.biz). Check us out.
        • Re: Our Website Has Changed
          LUCKIEST Guide
          Amy, Way to go, You should be proud.
          Good luck, LUCKIEST
            CorpCons08 Ranger
            Amy,

The website does not display well in Mozilla Firefox.
            You might want to review the code with whoever programmed the page.

CC08
              Lighthouse24 Ranger
              Amy, the new site doesn't seem to display well even on IE7 for me -- I'm seeing page headers/banners that take up nearly the full screen (with all the content running in a long narrow ribbon down the page that has to be scrolled), text overlaying text, lots of unused real estate to the left and and especially the right of the content, nav buttons that show up in different places with a different look on some pages (including in the middle of the content on the "Calling All Writers" page). Just one person's experience/feedback . . .
                CorpCons08 Ranger
                amy,

I also am curious as to why you are linking to your personal home page from your business website.
                You may want to rethink that. Unless you were using a personal home page as a biography of the business owner/principle.
                Another thing, I see you are a published author... What made you choose to leave that for advertising?

CC08
                    amynwesley Adventurer

I still write. I am working on my next book right know. I would like to put out at least two more before the year is over.

The reason I link my homepage to my business website is because I am trying to promote my new book and promote my business at the same time. I figured I could use that to my advantage. I provide a link to my business website on my homepage and vice versa. A lot of people have wondered to my website after visiting Nickels and Dimes Advertising out of curiosity and ended up purchasing my book. A lot of people have also found Nickels and Dimes Advertising through my personal website and ended up sending in requests for my services.
                        amynwesley Adventurer
                        I viewed the link that you sent me of the screen shot and that is what the homepage should look like.(The image was small however) The text is on the left side and the navigaion bar on the right with a message box in the center. Neither of the pages, except for possibly Updates and Deadlines should have text missing or majority of the pages blank. Each page should have text on the left and in the middle and a navagation bar on the right.
                        The red bar on each side of the page should be empty except for where the page headlines start.There should be no content inside that bar. All content should be beside the bar in bold black writing (arial size 14) on a tan background. This is how it should look on all pages except Calling All Writers where the entire design is different.