Post a new topic
    11 Replies Latest reply on Jan 1, 2008 2:14 PM by Lighthouse24

RingCentral Service

sooner Wayfarer
      Just celebrated 1 yr. as a small business owner. Looking for creative way to keep up with voice messages and faxes while at my steady job. seems to good to be true. Just wondering why the phone companies are still in business with this type of competition? Any feedback would be appreciated. Looking to possibly switch to their service soon. Somewhat cautious though.
        • Re: RingCentral Service
          CorpCons08 Ranger
 is very true to their word.
          I have used their service for a couple of months now and am very happy.

Best wishes,
          1 of 1 people found this helpful
            LUCKIEST Guide
            sooner, Sound good. Will look into Ringcentral later this week. Thanks for the tip.
            Will let you know what I find out and please let us know if you switch to their service.
            1 of 1 people found this helpful
              Lighthouse24 Ranger

I use VoIP (not RingCentral, but other providers) because it's less expensive than "traditional" phone service. The main advantage of traditional (landline-based) telephones -- and to answer your question as to why they are still in business -- is quality and reliability.

VoIP providers don't claim to have higher quality or reliability. Measured VoIP clarity is at best about 87 percent of the AT&T toll call standard. VoIP technology has a significantly longer audio delay (almost five times longer, which in a business setting can cause callers to talk over each other or hear "echos"). The best call completion rate a VoIP provider has achieved is 96.9 percent. The average is 94.9 percent. (5 in every 100 calls is dropped.) Landline-based services average 99.999 percent. Above data appeared in Keystone, C:Net, and Howard reports.

Some enterprises (and home customers) really need that extra quality and reliability. If you don't, you have nothing to lose (and money to gain) by trying RingCentral or a similar provider. Besides, VoIP is getting better all the time (which is probably why phone companies are selling more than just phone services now).

Happy New Year and best wishes.
                Lighthouse24 Ranger

This is a test, please ignore (getting a "fatal server error" when trying to post to this thread - just trying to diagnose it).