Post a new topic
    3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 1, 2008 2:17 PM by eMainStreet

Instant Sales Opportunities

eMainStreet Newbie

Can anyone comment on BofA or any bank for that matter letting retail customers transact with commercial customers at the same bank? The bank would require both parties to release the bank of any liability directly or indirectly related to the transaction.

Retail customers could locate commercial businesses within the bank through general and filtered search capabilities. It seems like this could be a real advantage for small businesses that need the exposure.

Would banks allow it? Would our small business community benefit from it? What if in the process of searching for a service or product that may require a bank product to purchase the service or goods from the commercial customer, the bank could prequalify the retail customer from the loan to by the product. Helpful?

Thoughts?
        • Re: Instant Sales Opportunities
          LUCKIEST Guide
          eMain, Happy 2008. Not sure I understand your question fully. Tell us more about yourself and where
          you are going with this question. What do you mean by " letting retail customers transact with commercial
          customers at the same bank "??
          Please explain more "
          Retail customers could locate commercial businesses within the bank through general
          and filtered search capabilities"??
          Maybe this is a service that succeed and make money, but we need more input and clarification from you.
          LUCKIEST
          • Re: Instant Sales Opportunities
            DomainDiva Ranger
            Intra bank networking to sustain and expand a business model.....I like this. The only problem I could possibly see is the Bank hiring someone who was domain clueless and concentrated only on search to make the process work. Bank IT domains are not linear they are circular...there would have to be some sort of a link and a trigger for the account holders to be put into a 'second life' networking room. The networking area would have to be carefully designed and a good disclosure, privacy notice posted and required.

What would be even better is if the network were semantic and customers could be 'matched' according to services their sectors would possibly use. Customers could opt out of a particluar area just by clicking on a no thanks button.

I'm in.