Post a new topic
    3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 15, 2013 8:33 PM by drluxury

Starting an Online Luxury Publication

SLifestyle Wayfarer
      Hello everyone,
      I'm in the process of starting an online luxury publication as stated in the subject. Has anyone done anything similar that would be able to provide me with a few tips? Thus far, I have; content, two contributing writers aside from myself, and created a partnership with a web developer for design purposes. My goal for the site is to build a significant viewrship by providing great content to readers and be a content supplier for other online blogs. Aside from interacting with the viewers, I do plan on connecting with company owners, that way I can achieve a bit of insight on different sectors of the luxury industry...

Basic info on the site.
      The site will be posting information on various luxury topics including but not limited to; fashion and style, aviation, health and beauty, autos, food and wines, cigars and spirits, nightlife, city guides, etc...

If anyone has any suggestions or tips to offer, would be interested in writing for the site, or would simply like more information please reply here, or you can send me an email: sdouglas@thesymplelife.com

Thank you.
        • Re: Starting an Online Luxury Publication
          phanio Pioneer

Suggestion - go to SCORE.org. Search online for a counselor - one who has experience in your industry then contact them - I think you can contact up to five at a time. Find the one you like and go from there.

Business Money Today
          www.BusinessMoneyToday.com
            diamondcuter Wayfarer
            Hi SLifestyle,

I was reading the featured article this morning on this site by mycapital.com , the author pointed out a very good point in that article as stated under the heading of Put Up A Team heres what he said

The key to success is to hire right people to work for you. Everybody has his strength and weakness. If you hire a programmer to develop your website, you will have a website that is functioning well but not attractive. If you hire a graphic designer to develop your website, you might end up with a site that has pretty graphics but is not working. You might be an expert in your product but what if you can barely write and let alone to sell it with a persuasive web copywriting? A professional copywriter can come handy here.

Hire people who have different talents and put them together to create a professional well-polished websiteThe key to success is to hire right people to work for you. Everybody has his strength and weakness. If you hire a programmer to develop your website, you will have a website that is functioning well but not attractive. If you hire a graphic designer to develop your website, you might end up with a site that has pretty graphics but is not working. You might be an expert in your product but what if you can barely write and let alone to sell it with a persuasive web copywriting? A professional copywriter can come handy here.

Hire people who have different talents and put them together to create a professional well-polished website"

I share that with you for a couple of reasons, I agree with the above statement which is why I have pasted it here and sited the article source for you below, now that you have a good team another part in the equation is a good system, for your website, your going to need to think about your hosting, your follow up systems, managing a database those kinds of things, not to mention your marketing, if you consider the ongoing costs for these services it could mount to quiet a bit monthly.

I am using a company called GVO heres the link for your information http://www.yourown.worldwidevisitors.com the savings I have is a god send any ways go and check out how you might be able to save money as well,

Sources: How I Create a Profitable Website
              drluxury Newbie

Very informative article, already book marked it and I will definitely be back to read more.

You have made a good work.

Here some luxury web sites

Luxury Dominican Republic Real Estate - Caribbean Luxury Properties

Karibik Luxus Immobilien