Post a new topic
    2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 7, 2010 10:04 PM by carisab01

I need help Im new and naive with to the world of business

carisab01 Newbie
      I have created a special bag for tri-athletes to use for their race. I have a prototype of the bag, but do not know where to go from here. I do want to manufacture these bags myself. What steps do I need to take to build my business?
        • Re: I need help Im new and naive with to the world of business
          DomainDiva Ranger
          First you need to figure out how to manufacture the bags. Do you have friends that sew and would be willing to take X amount per bag they sew after a sale? Or are you looking for a manufacturer to produce your product?

Marketing...try putting ads in athletic magazines that cater to these athletes. You have a niche product and a target market so do not waste time going in several althletic directions. Focus on your product and the market. Have you thought about contacting Nike or Adidas? They are always looking for new 'accessories' and maybe would be interested in purchasing your design.
          1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • Re: I need help Im new and naive with to the world of busine
              carisab01 Newbie
              Thanks for responding!
              Yes, I do have friends that will be sewing the bag. I haven't thought about finding a manufacturer, how can I find someone to manufacture my product? I did think about contacting Nike, but I think I would make more money selling the bag myself then what they would offer me. I do not have a patent yet, and that is what is holding me back from marketing my bag. I honestly do not know how to get a patent, should I apply for a loan or find an investor?
              thanks