Post a new topic
    2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 13, 2010 11:48 PM by SEO.SEM.Geek

How instant the Instant Demo should be?

josephfreeman Wayfarer
      I promote my online CMS (one of the thousands)

Since this is SaaS (Software as a Service ) I decided that it would be a good idea to offer real instant demo , I mean - one click away, to what I offer.

But as I check with the competition....hardly ever someone is offering the same?!?!

Usually after the Instant Demo there is a form to fill and possibly appt tour?!? or Instant Demo of video, but no one offers the product itself, even it is for online use.

Do I deminish the value my service , since I give so easy demonstartion?

I am asking, since maybe its a matter of culture - I am from Europe, and perhaps in the USA things stay differently .

Thank you for your advice.

Best regards: Joseph
        • Re: How instant the Instant Demo should be?
          LUCKIEST Guide
          Instant Demo, Why be like everybody else.

If you have a service that you can give an instant demo, then DO IT.

If you need help with marketing, I can help

Good luck, LUCKIEST
          <!--Session data-->
          • Re: How instant the Instant Demo should be?
            SEO.SEM.Geek Adventurer
            It is SaaS so I think it must be a working demo not video of flash like an presentation it must demonstrate the actual actions but there are some concerns.

Limited features Demo: You can design your demo with less functionality but you must decide which options must be in the demo and which are not. Less functionality in your demo it may look like it is not usefull Saas and more functionality may looks OK, customers may say it is fine for me why I have to pay for complete version, so choosing the functionality is a challenge in this model.

Trial version Demo: In this model your SaaS has the same functionality like complete version but it is limited to the trial period 15 days a month or so on. In this model you presenting all functionality but in limited time table after that time it stop working.

Limited seat version: If your SaaS is for multiple users or enterprise you can give them 1-3 user free and then charge them for more licenses. In this model your SaaS will be popular but you just target higher level customers which has different model for buying and they have more concerns to buy a new service.

I hope it helps you

Good Luck