Post a new topic
    3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 8, 2010 8:57 PM by Insurancesvcs

Texas Workforce Commission Audit

txkw9118 Newbie
      I've received notice of an upcoming TWC audit. I have prepared my documentation and my CPA will conduct the audit. However, the notice I received states that the audit will take place at my business location; but my CPA says I can have it moved to his office. Before I contact the auditor; I would like to know if anyone knows any legalities of the TWC's right to conduct the official audit at my place of business versus telling them the records are at my CPA's office. Thanks in advance for your input.
        • Re: Texas Workforce Commission Audit
          foxwoman1 Newbie
          Hi,

I have a TWC audit today at 3 pm, so I will ask the question for you regarding whether the audit can take place at the CPA office.
            foxwoman1 Newbie
            Wow - this audit was interesting. Unless your accountant has all of your receipts, bank statements, canceled checks, corporate charter and contractual agreements, I don't see how this audit can be done at the accountant's office. I thought this was going to be easy, because I am a small consulting firm with one employee - me. But just a heads up - this auditor asked me about EVERY transaction in 2008 where I paid an individual as opposed to a business name, trying to find "pseudo employees" that I did not report to the TWC as employees. I have none. She even went as far as to say that the 45.00 I paid a high school student to do some data entry should have been reported as an employee. She asked for items not on the list such as receipts, rental property agreements, bank statements, and my corporate taxes. She went through every transaction on my bank statements. She looked at every paycheck detail stub. I have a very small company and this audit lasted over 2 1/2 hours. Good luck.
              Insurancesvcs Newbie
              How many employees do you have and what is the nature of your business? I ask because you may be able to do a pre-audit and just hand them the pre-prepared paperwork.