Post a new topic
    9 Replies Latest reply on May 28, 2010 8:42 PM by prevail111

need help starting a towing company

motherstowin Newbie
      ME AND MY HUSBAND ARE STARING A TOWING COMPANY AND NEED HELP GETTING THE START UP. WE ARE IN GA.... WE ALREADY HAVE DRIVERS THAT ARE RELIABLE AND CAN OPERATE THE TOW TRUCKS .... THEY ARE ALSO CAPABLE OF FIXING JUST ABOUT ANYTHING WRONG ON A VEHICLE......ANY HELP OR ADVICE WOULD GREATLY BE APPRECIATED. THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME AND GOD BLESS......
        • Re: need help starting a towing company
          Adventurer
          Well it seems you need people to hear about you your business now right? I would start with hiring a web designer, My wife can help you with a design??? She can also do your website where it can be seen by everyone who types into Google ' towing ' so your website is seen. I am not sure how much you understand about websites or web traffic but she is more the willing to give you some free advise and free consultation. 619-303-0378. I look forward to hearing from you. In the mean time i would go on free advertising websites and post your business information so at least people know your out there. Also take advantage of business mixers you may hear abotu in your area as they are a great way to expose your business word of mouth. . Take care! http://www.pandorasdesigns.com/
          1 of 1 people found this helpful
            Tracker

Beverly:

When you say that you "need help getting the start up", are you referring to:

• Securing financing
            • Developing a business plan
            • Marketing
            • Sales
            • Legal

If you can clarify, the people in this community can help.

All the Best,

Doug Dolan

The Solopreneur's Guide

http://thesologuide.com/
              LUCKIEST Guide
              Need help starting a towing company

Beverly, If I was starting a towing company, I would contact SCORE. SCORE is FREE

I would also develop a business plan.

Happy New Year and good luck, LUCKIEST
              <!--Session data-->
              <!--Session data-->
                phanio Pioneer
                Can you be a little more specific? That is a big task to ask for just any help.

You need a business plan - try SCORE or find a SDBC in your area. There help is free and they can help you with your plan, your licensing if you need it, your marketing (which you will need), your insurance requirements, etc, etc.

If you need financing - you need to be more specific. How much do you need? What will the funds be used for? There are many financing options but most lenders want specifics. Plus, it is hard to point you in the right direction without knowing a bit more. I don't want to point out about equipment lenders when you are seeking an unsecured loan or I don't want to tell you about a program that only provides $50K when you need twice that amount.

If you can be a bit more specific, I or someone else here can be more helpful.

Business Money Today
                www.BusinessMoneyToday.com
                  Tracker

Beverly:

If you are looking for free help, I would like to offer my blog. Following is a link to a page where I give detailed information to help with writing a business plan:

http://thesologuide.com/planning/

For sales insight, you will see a "Categories" list on the left side of the page in the side bar. When you click on this, my site will bring up a wide variety of articles relative to identifying appropriate prospects and how best to convert them into paying customers.

For legal help (depending on the extent of your needs) you can either seek a lawyer or go to my Resources page where you will see a link to BizFilings.com under "Legal Structure". BizFilings can assist you with establishing a legal structure and identify for you the necessary licenses for you industry and state.

If you require more in-depth help, as mentioned earlier, you can stop by your local SCORE location or I can provide further consulting services for a fee.

I hope this helps.

Doug Dolan

The Solopreneur's Guide

http://thesologuide.com/
                    SmallBizFan Newbie
                    Hi there - Good luck with starting your company. I would also recommend Business Owner's Toolkit - http://www.toolkit.com/. It is a free site that has a guide to starting a small business and tools to help you get started. They have thousands of pages of content organized like a guide (getting financing, hiring, your office and equipment, marketing, etc) It's a good resource when you run into a question. For help with licenses and incorporating, I'd suggest BizFilings as well. There is also a company called The Payroll Company that works with companies that have a payroll of less than 8 employees and they do all the withholding and payroll taxes, etc. I think you will also need a bunch of liability insurance - try NetQuote.

You probably can't get a business bank account without filing a DBA or incorporating - depends on the Bank. QuickBooks has the best small business accounting software. And don't forget a website. You may want to put together a startup checklist. Here's a good one to start with-http://www.bizfilings.com/Learn_About/#How_To_Start_A_Business

Good luck.
                    KK
                      Hymesdesign Adventurer
                      This day and age the internet is slowly becoming the new phone book, so investing in a website wouldn't be a waste in my opinion, and every business needs marketing materials and a logo...That's my two cents but I am a designer so my money is weighted toward my industry lol. I'd be happy to talk about a website etc. though if you were interested.
                        prevail111 Newbie
                        Will you be towing boats, if so I use usship and towing companies bid on the job. I transport my boat two times a year from Va to Fl & back.