Post a new topic
    8 Replies Latest reply on Jan 3, 2010 9:08 AM by HenryZL

Why don't people say who they are?

Navigator
      The great thing about this forum is that B of A gives you a section to say more about yourself and even tell folks what your website is, so people can check out your personal blog or business. What amazes me is how few people fill this information in. Is that just me who is puzzled or do you feel the same way?

I'm not saying this forum should be self-promotional-- but at the same time, I'd like to get to know the folks I'm talking to a bit better. Wouldn't you agree?

Dennis
      dennis@blitzlocal.com
      facebook.com/dennisyu
        • Re: Why don't people say who they are?
          HenryZL Wayfarer
          In my case I suppose I simply forgot/didn't really think of it. I'm generally here to share advice and learn from others. Thanks for the reminder.
            wordperfect Scout

I am a bit like you, the first thing I do when I read a post, especially if it is a question or a reply to one of mine, is to check the "profile" and then the website.

As you said, so many times it is more often than not blank, and that also puzzles me. But I have also noticed many just come here, ask for help or make a quick plug of their biz and never make any more posts, either constructive or appreciative. Seems weird after going through the sign up process.

I guess it is a sign of the times we live in, basic manners or give and take seem to have been forgotten, and NO Sir, I am not taking a cheap shot you, the poster before me .

I know it gets to Luckiest too, he does a grand job in reminding people.

1000QUESTIONS Wayfarer
                I agree with you 100%. However, TIME is something that a lot of people don't have much of anymore. Business stops for no one. We have so many problems and need immediate solutions and just come for help and then leave and forget to say thank you. I did it myself. Not because I don't care or want to but sometimes we don't have the energy or time to do things the correct and proper way like filling out the profile. I don't think that most people don't do it because they don't want to, its just the way it happened at the moment. I was doing my banking online with Bank of America and the banner came across about the forum. I have always been interested in business and so I have a number of questions I need answers to. I had 5 minutes and made a post. Its not right but just keep in mind that I'm sure in maybe a year or two or ten when some of the people who received today will have a successful business and then come back to return their wealth of experience and information with the rest of the community.
                  HenryZL Wayfarer
                  Wow wordperfect I am currently right next door to you in the Chaoyang District, about to celebrate New Year's Eve in Sanlitun. Very very cool :)
                  Iwrite Pioneer
                  I agree 100%.

Luckiest has been attacked for trying to get people to fill out their information but I agree with him that people should fill out their profile. It helps to know where you are when answering certain questions, because laws are different in different places.

I also think it is polite to introduce yourself to people you are speaking with - you would not go to a conference or seminar and not introduce yourself.
                      Navigator
                      I iwrite,

I 100% agree with you-- that etiquette online should mirror that of the real world!
                      Now if only B of A would allow signature lines we could configure here, that would help, right?
                      Same thing with allowing us to put more information about ourselves here, like a picture.
                      Ok, I'll stop complaining, as this is a great forum and I like talking to the people here.

Dennis
                      dennis@blitzlocal.com