Post a new topic
    4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 4, 2010 9:17 AM by cad951

RE-FASHION DESIGNING CONTEST

cad951 Wayfarer

I WANT TO CONTACT DIFFERENT SCHOOLS IN OHIO TO HAVE STUDENTS COMPETE AGAINST EACH OTHER FOR DESIGNING THEIR OWN DESIGN, THE CHALLENGE IS TO CREATE NEW FASHIONABLE APPAREL FROM UNWANTED OR USED GARMENTS, THE KEY IS NO SEWING MACHINES ONLY FABRIC GLUE, RHINESTONES STUDS AND MORE,THRIFT STORES OLD CLOTHING VINTAGE TEENS LOVE FASHION SO WHY NOT LET THEM CREATE THEIR OWN, NOW HOW DO I APPROACH THE SCHOOLS BY LETTER IN PERSON, THIS WOULD BE A GREAT AFTERSCHOOL PROGRAM, AFTER COMPLETION A FASHION SHOW WILL BE GIVEN WITH FRIENDS AND FAMILIES THERE WILL BE JUDGES TO CHOOSE 1ST 2ND 3RD PLACE WINNERS I WANT TO MAKE THIS A SUCESS CAN ANYONE GIVE ME SUGESSTIONS AND DONATIONS FOR MATERIALS TO BE USED OR MATERIALS LIKE RHINESTONE STUDS LACE BUTTONS AND MORE THANKS.
        • Re: RE-FASHION DESIGNING CONTEST
          Navigator
          Hi Carol,

Have you considered Facebook? There are a lot of students there and you can quickly have a popular group or page if you have something witty that goes viral. By the way, I had trouble reading your note since it was in all caps. Usually ALL CAPS means yelling on the Internet, so you don't want people to get the wrong idea about you. I hope this helps and good luck!
          :)

Dennis
          dennis@blitzlocal.com
            • Re-Fashion Designing Contest
              cad951 Wayfarer
              Thank you for letting me know about all caps that was very helpful, yes I will come up with something on FaceBook that should get teens attention I will have to come up with something really witty, have any suggestions, thank you for taking the time to answer and give me good advice.
            • Re: RE-FASHION DESIGNING CONTEST
              Tracker

Carol:

I recommend that you focus on art schools, Waldorf schools and Montessori schools to start.

Plus, I would have clearly defined for the children and the schools how the benefit by participating. Do you donate a percentage of the sales back to the school? Do you hold a competition between schools with a dollar prize and PR for the winner?

Just some thoughts to start.

All the Best,

Doug Dolan

The Solopreneur's Guide

http://thesologuide.com/
              1 of 1 people found this helpful
                • Re: Re-Fashion Designing Contest
                  cad951 Wayfarer
                  Thank you so very much for the information, yes there will be a prize for the top three winners 1st $250.00 2nd $150.00 -3rd $100.00 and if I recieve donations I plan on using the donations to have a fashion show where they will be able to model there Re- Fashion Designs for family and friends and hopefully the media. I would really like to give all participants at least a gift certificate.