Post a new topic
    4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 29, 2009 9:04 PM by tokivirgo

No idea what kind of business to engage

tokivirgo Newbie
      Hi everyone!

I'm an employee and very much eager to engage in business. I'm planning to put up a business in sporting goods or computers because this my hobby but my problem is I have no enough time to manage of this kind of business. Can you help me guys think/advice of what kind of business should I engage suited to my status? Thanks.
        • Re: No idea what kind of business to engage
          DebbyBlitzLoc Adventurer
          Wanting to be in business for yourself is admirable. There are a wide variety of options available today thanks to the Internet. However, you need to have a passion about your idea/business. The most successful people truly care about what they are selling or how they are helping others. Finding that is really your starting point. It will require time, energy and effort and if you lack the passion behind the project, it will be much more difficult to succeed.

There are literally hundreds of FREE sites on the web that can walk you through various ideas and processes to get started. Maybe start small and start selling things on Ebay and build from there. Check out sites like thirtydaychallenge.com which will walk you through idea creation to marketing to managing most efficiently. There are other sites like this one, the key is there is valuable information that is FREE and can get you started!

Hope this helps!
          Debby
            LUCKIEST Guide
            No idea what kind of business to engage

Who are you?? Go to Members page and share some info.

A business plan is a good first step,
            <!--Session data-->
              Tracker

Tokivigro:

Can I suggest that you check out my site?

As Debby mentions, I agree that having a passion for your business is important. It is a critical variable when combined with the hours you have to dedicate to a business, your strengths and experience, your weaknesses, your goals and your financial needs.

I start new entrepreneurial hopefuls with the process of Introspection. Here's the link to my page:

http://thesologuide.com/introspection/

In the middle of the page, you find a link to fill out a form. Towards the bottom of the page, I recommend that you click on the link to PersonaDNA.com where you can take a personal assessment of your strengths and weaknesses. Your honest answers to the Introspection report combined with the results from the PersonalDNA test will give you good tools to assess whether new business opportunities that you research will fit you and your needs.

From there, you can go through the other sections on my site to help launch your business.

If you need help, let me know by leaving a comment here or sending me an email at thesologuide@gmail.com.

Hope this helps.

Doug Dolan

The Solopreneur's Guide

http://thesologuide.com/