Post a new topic
    8 Replies Latest reply on Dec 29, 2009 11:41 AM by DebbyBlitzLoc

I don't know what to do with my idea?

swolbrecht Newbie
      I have a fantastic idea for an internet website. It is nothing that has ever been done before and it could help millions of people. I have no idea where to start. I would imagine that I need to consult an attorney and make sure it is all legal and I know that I need a kick butt web designer because although I have built a website before, it was a little elementary and this would need to be real and professional. I can't get this idea out of my head and don't know where to turn, please help!!!\

Thanks,
      Stephanie
        • Re: I don't know what to do with my idea?
          odgrell Adventurer
          I know how you feel. I have had a few of those ideas. You need to do some research and figure out the practical application of your idea ie. how can you make money off it. Then you need to figure out how much you will need to get the business running and keep it running. If these costs and expenses are larger than any conservative estimates for revenues, then you probably need to go back to the drawing board. If not then you have a business plan to write, then you can think about financing and then hiring web designers. Hope this helps.
            Tracker

Stephanie:

I recommend (if you haven't already) before you spending money on attorneys, etc... you focus on doing your market research and developing a business plan.

Going through this process will bring a sense of reality to your idea. For example, it will determine if there is truly a need in the market, who the appropriate people are to pursue as customers, what competition exists, effective marketing strategies to attract prospects, the undeniable benefits that you will provide to them and the cost to get this venture off the ground.

If you need help with market research and developing a business plan, you can check out some pages on my site with free info:

http://thesologuide.com/research/

http://thesologuide.com/planning/

Please let me know if you have any questions after reviewing the information.

I hope this helps.

Doug Dolan

The Solopreneur's Guide

http://thesologuide.com/
            1 of 1 people found this helpful
              jfrutkin Wayfarer
              Don't be afraid to share your idea with others to get feedback.

You can find great web developers / designers for reasonable prices on www.guru.com.

Mekeliki Newbie
                For technical stuff, if you're short on cash, do RentACoder.com. Definitely also find people who are doing things that utilize some of the same technology and start interacting with them. Lots of times, the devil really is in the details and you have to start knocking off the little stuff before you can unearth the more important idea related money maker. Much like running a blog (which is what I do) it's all about who you know. Network first.
                  DebbyBlitzLoc Adventurer

I love your enthusiasm! There are a lot of steps that need to happen here, but before anything else you must have a passion for what you are doing! You have that, and in my opinion that is the most important step there is!

There is a ton of FREE information on the web, use it to your advantage! There is a site called http://thirtydaychallenge.com/ This is an entirely FREE site that will literally walk you through verifying your idea is a profitable one, finding keywords and using SEO to hiring coders or creating your own site and marketing your site. It is designed for those that have very little knowledge all the way up to those that have been doing this for years! There is stuff for everyone!

I highly recommend you check it out as it will literally walk you through each step that you need to take! (For the record I don't work for them or have any affiliation, I just went through their challenge and was thoroughly impressed with it)

Keep your enthusiasm! As long as your idea will benefit others you know you are headed in the right direction!

Debby
                  1 of 1 people found this helpful