Post a new topic
    4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 25, 2007 7:53 AM by LUCKIEST

Has anyone taken SCORE Quickbooks Training classes?

jonah305 Newbie
      If so, were you able to set up your chart of accouts, etc on your own after taking the classes? I'm wondering how in-depth they get and how big the classes are. The price seems right at $50 each for the intruduction and intermediate classes. There is also a Quickbooks-run two day seminar coming to my area but that may be overkill, especially considering the $400 price tag and the fact that I'm just getting started.
      Thanks for your thoughts,
      Bill
      DoggoneElegant.com
        • Re: Has anyone taken SCORE Quickbooks Training classes?
          NetworkGuru Wayfarer
          You might also want to go to the bookstore and look at purchasing the many Quickbooks books out on the market. I started by getting Quickbooks setup, running through a Sample Company and figuring out what would work best for me and my company. Everyone has their own way of doing accounts. A class would probably be helpful if you have no prior experience with any accounting software. For $50, you can't really go wrong, can you.

Best of luck.
            LUCKIEST Guide
            Jonah, I am a Quickbooks Consultant and also a SCORE Counselor.
            I live in New York and have taught a seminar on Quickbooks at our local SCORE Chapter.
            I would be happy to talk to you (no charge) if you email me at "pdeig@ juno.com.
            Please include your phone number. $400 price tag is a PRICEY price.(it might be location)
            LUCKIEST
              chennas Newbie
              Hi,

Did you checkout this website www.excelgoodies.com , They basically provide online excel trainings (Instructor Led) and they use to provide training on Quickbooks as well. I learnt it from them. And the learning was quick because the instructor got online and shared his computer screen with me and then started explaining stuff. It was a one-to-one Training. And they are really flexible, I was a slow learning and my training almost went on for 2 months and still they were providing me training. And i paid $350 for excel & Quickbooks together.

Rite now i dont find quickbooks training on thier website, but i feel you can just email them about it. Its worth trying.

All the best, Merry Xmas & Happy New Year.

Regards
              Chennas
                  LUCKIEST Guide
                  Chennas, Thanks for the lead I will check out the website www.excelgoodies.com. Glad that you learned
                  both Excel and Quickbooks. Are you using them NOW??
                  I am a Quickbooks Consultant and also a SCORE Counselor. Live in New York and have taught a seminar on Quickbooks at our local Chapter. Would be happy to talk to you if you email me at "pdeig@ juno.com.
                  Please include your phone number., LUCKIEST