Post a new topic
    6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 3, 2010 10:45 AM by DebbyBlitzLoc

Should I make my emlpoyee full time to retain?

smartbizman Newbie
      We found a great employee through Craiglist in September. She goes above and beyond her call of the duty in our organization. She has merged in our team as i she is with ur company for many years. Her productivity is great and she is trainable for multitasking

Currently, she comes 8:30 AM to 2:00 PM.

I do not want to lose her to other company, when economy gets better.

should I offer her full time job, even though I do not have full time work for her?

Please advise what will you do in this situation.

• Re: Should I make my emlpoyee full time to retain?
          nikecoo99 Wayfarer

that's hard to make decision.
          you can talk with her directly,let her know your company are treasure her.

ask her if she wanna a full time job now or not.
          maybe she don't need full time job.
          if she need it exactly,
          maybe you can try to find a new employee ,
          you should believe you aslo can find others do as excellent as her.

LUCKIEST Guide
            Should I make my employee full time to retain??

How do you know she wants full time work?? Have you developed a business plan??

Who are you?? Go to Members page and share some info. Thanks
            <!--Session data-->
            <!--Session data-->
              DomainDiva Ranger
              First you need to talk to her about this. Ask her if she is looking for a full time job. Tell her that you would like very much to keep her with the company and that even though you have no full time available yet you would like for her to keep you informed first of any planned job changes.

Re-training is expensive and time consuming. Finding a person that works well and fits in is difficult.
              1 of 1 people found this helpful
                vincentchan Newbie
                After all, an organization can only be as good as its people. Bad economy is the best time to retain existing talent. They will become your competitive advantage.

Vincent Chan

If she loves where she works, and you love the fact that she does everything you love in this person then maybe you should promote above everyone else. we have the same problem with an intern. We cant aford to pay him full time but we know when we are able to pay he will work for us. If this person is making your business grow then give them the oppurtunity to grow with you. If they are an expense than maybe you could see how this person pays you to pay for them. Like sales" If they can bring you in accounts then you will never lose them.
                    DebbyBlitzLoc Adventurer
                    Finding good people is one of the most difficult things to do when running a business. Even in a tough economy when the pool of applicants is so large, it is still difficult to find quality, hard working. loyal employees. If this woman is exceeding all of your expectations, then by all means you want to keep her! This is a fear for many in this struggling economy. When things get better, will my best people leave? The best defense is a great offense.

Loyalty from employer to employee has become rare at best. Most employees feel as if they are just a number to their companies. Talk to this woman, let her know how much she is appreciated! Tell her your concerns about her leaving when the economy gets better. Perhaps she has a plan of her own, to stick it out until you can hire her full time. You won't know what her thoughts are unless you ask! Find out what motivates her, is it money? Is it recognition? Is it flexibility in her hours or duties? Once you take the time to find out that answer, it will be much easier to keep her on board by being able to offer that which is important to her.

Employers often think they know what will keep their employees happy and loyal. Typically they do not! It is worth taking the time to find out what motivates your employees if you want them to show you loyalty in the long run.

Hope that helps!