Post a new topic
    2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 7, 2009 7:11 AM by amspcs

Installed Windows 7--No problems

amspcs Ranger
      Lots of info and mis-info going around about Windows 7. Thought there might be interest in my experience.
      I just upgraded from Vista to Windows 7 Home Premium today. Went well, no major issues except one inoampatible printer driver, which the program detected and fixed all by itself.
      So far, so good.

AMSPCS
        • Re: Installed Windows 7--No problems
          joewer Newbie
          Is it at least as good as XP, or it's just better than Vista? My point is, is it worth to upgrade from XP to 7?
            • Re: Installed Windows 7--No problems
              amspcs Ranger
              Upgrade to Windows 7 came free with my new computer, which I had no choce but to purchase since the old one died of old age. If I had to pay for Windows 7, I probably would not have. I used XP for many years, and my main issues with it were slowness and instability (it froze up a lot) In all fairness, my computer itself may have been as much or more to blame than XP. That said, the computer was state-of-the art when I bought it some 7 years ago, and even though a spent money upgrading RAM and so forth over the years, time took it's toll and it became pretty outdated. I'm sure the same will happen with this new computer. Monster RAM and quad Intel processor make it state-of-the art today, but I fully expect it to be a dinosaur within 2-3 years at which point the instability and slowness issues will reappear. I guess chalk that to planned obsolesence, which is how the computer makers pre-plan it so they can sell more product in the future. It stinks, but I'm getting too old to fight the world.

AMSPCS