Post a new topic
    7 Replies Latest reply on Dec 21, 2007 8:08 AM by LUCKIEST

POLITICAL CORRECTNESS??

LUCKIEST Guide
      Is Political Correctness ruining the Holiday season?? Thoughts??
      Going "GREEN" cause you to make any changes??
        • Re: POLITICAL CORRECTNESS??
          DomainDiva Ranger
          Its CHRISTMAS!!!!!! ;) and yes I am sooooo tired of all the hoopla whatever going on. I say lets just call the whole month of December Christ-Hanu-Wanza, celebrate the entire month..have presents and yummie food every day and forget about all the yapping about whos being left out....oh gosh!!! Did I leave any group out? Probably. Oh well...see ya just can't please everyone.

As far as being green...several years ago I bought these lovely velvet covered boxes. Thats what we put our presents in to each other. I give presents in gift bags only. (Women are notorious for recylcing..regifting those gift bags...I know I am). So we have no present wrapping trash.
              Buffalo Adventurer
              Yes, Domain Diva you left my group out!!! I don't know what that group is yet but as soon as I do I'm gonna sue you for not recognizing me!!!
              The whole thing is absurd! It's Christmas...deal with it!
              Happy Christ-Hanu-Wanza everyone!!
              I traded in my Explorer for a Focus...does that count as being Green? Of course it was a self-serving move, I'm saving a lot of money on gas. But the Explorer was soooo much better in the snow!!
              slavaret Adventurer
              Great post, Luckiest! And timely. I don't see why my celebrating CHRISTMAS should offend anybody. I don't get offended when somebody celebrates Kwanza or Cinco De Maio. Personally, I make the point of wishing Merry Christmas to people I interact with; and other things being equal, I will choose to do buisness with a "Merry Christmas" business over a "Happy Holidays" one.
                puzzleman Tracker

What people have to realize with this "political correctness" is that what makes us great is that we are different. If we were all the same, celebrated the same holidays, did the same things, think how boring it would be.

What we need is tolerance. People are out looking for some way to be "disrespected" (not exactly sure what it means) and looking for some attention through making an issue out of it. I'm not saying that we all have to love each other but rather that we respect the differences.

If I want to say Merry Christmas and you respond Happy Hannukah and a third responds with Happy Kwanza and a fourth responds Merry Eid, we can each be proud of our personal best wishes to the others.
                  NetworkGuru Wayfarer
                  Here here puzzleman. Great post.

Everyone has their own beliefs, and we have to respect that. Though, I will not go out of my way to figure out what those beliefs are. But, if I already know that, whats the harm in wishing someone a Happy whatever-it-is.

As for giving someone a day off... Is it a federal holiday?

Happy Holidays Everyone!
                  • It's IN to be GREEN
                    WEBillions Adventurer
                    GREEN is IN at the moment and people are jumping on the bandwagon. I think this is great. Regardless of whether we are global warmering ourselves to death, it just makes sense to try to reduce our damage to the earth and the wasting of natural resources. Currently, earth is our only home and it's going to be a while before we have another viable option.

So, why not jump on the bandwagon? It might get your business some publicity, which we can all use. It might help your customers feel more comfortable with you. And, you'll also been helping out dear old mother Earth. Sweet.

There are all sorts of little things that one can do, so why not make a dent?
                      LUCKIEST Guide
                      Thanks for your replies.