marketing green cabinetry and more

by ronfrank on Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:17 pm

I
      am an entrepreneur and have been involved in green building for over 30
      years. My current focus is marketing and consulting, and over the past
      few years I have developed a line of green built cabinetry. It is very
      versatile and offers a kit option for do-it-yourselfers and
      contractors. It has come together very well and I am beginning to
      market it beyond my own needs, and am looking for input.

Rather
      than a conventional retail approach, I am considering targeting
      remodeling contractors and/or kitchen designers that are looking for a
      niche in green building. Besides a great product, I offer support with
      a thorough understanding of the industry. I also have other products to
      support a green building or remodeling service.

I am looking for
      input to move this to the next level. My initial plan is to advertise
      on Craigs List and some of the green job boards. I also am considering
      other partnering options for online or offline marketing. I sure would
      appreciate any input. The cabinetry system can be seen at<!-- w --> www.evergreenwoodworks.com<!-- w -->

Ron
        • Re: marketing green cabinetry
          LUCKIEST Guide
          Marketing green cabinetry,

Who are you?? Go to Members page and share some info.

What kind of input are you looking for??

Have you developed a business plan??

LUCKIEST
          <!--Session data-->
              ronfrank Wayfarer
              I did fill out some info but it won't take a business description - first this site wouldn't take my redistration info, then it took a week for this to post - oh well.

I am in the process of a business plan now. I have been in building related businesses for over 30 years and am interested in expanding based on a new line of cabinetry I developed. I am considering a franchise type of thing - probably more like a license or business opportunity agreement. I think my product line and approach is unique, and I also can offer relevant support for carving a niche in the green building area.

One issue is my focus for many years have been rehabbing my own homes to sell and do not have a local cutomer base. I am wondering about the feasibility of a licensing arrangement in setting up dealers without having a successful model (the product line can definetly show competitive potential as I have been doing jobs with it as I developed it). I also have limited capital and, in the past, have developed my businesses mostly in relationship to growth and cash flow. I am looking for creative ideas to grow this.

I am very interested in making this affordable for others wanting to develop this niche. I am also looking for input on how to structure a license and charge enough for commitment but also make it easy for someone to get involved. Involvement could actually be on a couple different levels depending on territory covered

Ron
              phanio Pioneer
              Seems like you know the business - what you might need right now is a marketing plan. A marketing plan will help you better understand you target customers and how to get in front of them with the right message.

Find a SCORE offcie or a small business development center (both will not cost you anythign to use) and start working on a marketing plan.

Business Money Today
              www.BusinessMoneyToday.com