Post a new topic
    3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 13, 2009 4:20 PM by innkeeper

Start-up Questions Bed & Breakfast

innkeeper Newbie

Knowing where and how to advertise is a huge hurdle. I am starting up a Bed & Breakfast that sits on 16 acres in Virginia. Have had an Open House, given several complimentry stays, have a web site: comehereacres.com, passed out brochures and business cards and advertised on the internet. Really need advice.
      innkeeper@comehereacres.com
        • Re: Start-up Questions Bed & Breakfast
          UncleLeon Scout
          This will just consider a small segment of the market. But, are you located near an airport, private Air Park, or runway?

Pilots are always looking for an excuse to fly somewhere for a week-end You would have to offer a free "shuttle service". If you had some generally desireable activity it may help.

Keep in mind that the key draw of a B&B is it's "charm". Laid-back activities are ideal.

With 16 acres you could have horse back riding, archery, etc.

Are you near a golf course? An arrangement with a nearby golf course would be qa match made in heaven.

Are you near a good fishing spot?

Are these things in your brochure?
          • Re: Start-up Questions Bed & Breakfast
            Bluesuit Adventurer

When I travel for leisure or business, I find out about my hotel or BB in the following ways:

• I do a search on the web. Do you have a website and is the website searchable?
            • I also go to an online travel forum to read hotel/B&B ratings and reviews. Do you know about www.tripadvisor.com? It's the most popular travel forum. Has someone written a review about your place yet?