Post a new topic
    2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 1, 2009 12:49 PM by amspcs

betsarn Newbie
      Hi all,

I run a small niche business selling electronics targeted at athletics. In the past few months, I have been receiving a higher number of chargebacks. I've found a good course on detecting online fraud at called beyond cv2. It helped me set up my fraud program.

My question: are there any other resources that small business folks like me can draw upon to combat chargebacks or credit card fraud?

• Re: Chargebacks
          LUCKIEST Guide
          Chargebacks, Welcome

If you accept credit cards, you should talk to Barry at "amspcs". A long time member and a great guy.

You should also go to Members page and share some info.

Good luck, LUCKIEST
          <!--Session data-->
          <!--Session data-->
          • Re: Chargebacks
            amspcs Ranger
            Betsy, I am not famliar with the fraud detection site you refer to. I can only tell you that electronics has long been identified by the processing industry as having high
            fraud potential for whatever reason(s). I can also tell you that, with or without your so-called fraud detection issue, many chargeback issues are Regulation Z (aka Truth
            in Lending Law) driven, and there are NO legal shortcuts around them. Thankfully, there are many common-sense driven techniques we have shared with our merchants over
            the years that many merchants overlook, which do help. If you'd care to contact me, I'd be happy to discuss and share. BTW, it IS urgent that you deal with and control your chageback
            problem immediately if not sooner, since continued high incidence of chargebacks wlll (a) get your merchant account shut down and (b) get you put on the indusry black list file, which will
            mean you wlll never get another merchant account anywhere and will, for all intents and purposes, be put out of business.