Post a new topic
    4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 2, 2009 7:04 PM by MetroGal

NatOnline Tracker
      Hello, I received this email and wanted to warn every member that some people are trying to phish:

Report it to: as soon as possible.

Thank you

Sent: Thursday, October 29, 2009 5:38 PM
      Subject: New Message From : Customer Service ID GMLUZJKQYI

::: Your online profile has been locked due to many failure attempts.

Please download the form attached to this email and open it in a web browser.
      Once opened, you will be provided with steps to unlock your profile.

Please do not reply to this message. For any inquiries, contact Customer Service.
          SBC Team Guide
          Thanks for reporting this. We are working to take corrective action and have created an announcement on the site to protect members. Thanks for supporting the community.

• Re: WARNING PHISHING
            DomainDiva Ranger
            I got one of those (I have no BofA accounts) opened it and put all manner of crazy stuff in. Then I sent them a little something to remember my email address by. I will probably not be getting anything from them again.
              snccigars Adventurer
              I have been working for Bank of America for 3 years, and this has been around ever since I started. For those that don't know, bad grammar and misspellings are dead giveaways of phishing scams, whether it be from BofA, Chase, Wells Fargo, etc. For BofA customers, always make sure that your Sitekey is correct, and if you do not see your Sitekey, do not proceed! If you do not have a BofA account, don't even bother opening the e-mail. Hopefully everyone knows about this already as it has been going on for several years, but if not, hopefully this will help and enlighten you and prevent any future problems.
                MetroGal Adventurer
                Thanks for the warning. As common practice, I never verify any personal details through email or through an unsolicitated phone call. So, if I get an email asking for info, etc. and I have an account with the company, I type in the URL address myself in the browser vs. go through the email.

Same goes for when I get a call from my credit card company asking to verify a transaction, etc. I tell the caller, thanks for the info and then I like to call the number on the back of my credit card and ask customer service if they tried to reach me. I may sound super paranoid, but better safe than sorry.