Post a new topic
    7 Replies Latest reply on Oct 27, 2009 9:00 PM by jesse_mtz

I'm starting a Remodeling Business

jesse_mtz Wayfarer

I'm starting a Remodeling Business and wanted to ask if you guys have any ideas on how to get some work or how to market my company. We can do everything.
        • Re: I'm starting a Remodeling Business
          Mayfair Newbie
          Target real estate agents and interior designers in the areas you want to work in. Once you have satisfied customers ask them to post you on Angies List.
          1 of 1 people found this helpful
            LUCKIEST Guide
            Starting a Remodeling Business, Welcome

Go to Members page and share some info.

Have you developed a business plan??
            <!--Session data-->
              amspcs Ranger
              Network. Get some business cards and pass out as many as possible. Chamber mixers and the like are very
              effective. You might also consider leads groups, both private and chamber sponsored. Above all, do your homework. Make sure you are properly organized, adequately funded, have a sound business plan in place and so forth. Get professional advise if you don't know how to do any of the above yourself, don't just guess or trial-and-error. If you can't afford professional advise, you are probably not ready to go into business for yourself yet. And finally, I would suggest that, if at all possible or feasable, you do NOT quit your day job just yet until your new venture is on sound footing, which may take awhile. I deal with new businesses every day and know first-hand: they all THINK they're going to be up and self-sustaiing right off the bat, but few if any of them are.
                Tracker

jesse_mtz:

First, I recommend that you define what you do really well - better than the competition. This will help you define your target markets, joint venture partners and marketing strategies.

Although I know that you probably meant it as a generic statement, to say "we can do everything" will leave most people thinking that you probably are just OK at everything. It is better to be specific about what you do really well that differentiates you from the competition.

Once you have completed this, I suggest, like Mayfair, that you find some good joint venture partners that provide goods and services to your target market. This can real estate agents, insurance agents, companies that provide counter tops, cabinets, carpeting, etc... but don't provide install services, etc.

Establishing relationships with these companies can expand your visibility to a wider audience while minimizing your marketing expenses. Just remember, that this is a relationship - so you need to give to get. Think of ways that your business will benefit these joint venture partners to give you leverage for getting their referrals.

Hope this helps.

Doug Dolan

The Solopreneur's Guide

http://thesologuide.com/
                  jesse_mtz Wayfarer
                  Thank you guys for all your help