Post a new topic
    2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 26, 2009 6:13 PM by LUCKIEST

starting from the bottom

independentme Newbie

Hello everybody. I am a young aspiring entrepreneur trying to become a cosmetologist. I am 17 years old and in my junior year of high school and while I'm trying to complete my high school education I want to get started on my business. My only problem is I don't know where to start. I have it established in my mind that through this business I want to help my community. I am a very motivated young lady that gets things done and always find a way to accomplish things I put my mind to. Does anybody have any suggestions for me on what I should look into to get my business up and in the works?
        • Re: starting from the bottom
          UncleLeon Scout
          Check in your state (or ask your cosmetologist ) what is necessary to become a cosmetologist in your state. Then become qualified. That's the first step. If you thinkl you may, one day, operate your own salon, your next step should be to take busineess courses at your local college.

I suggest that you work for a mid to up scale salon (as a wash girl, if necessary) for at least a year. Then decide what you want to do. You can take your business courses at night, while working at the salon, if you desire.

I VERY STRONGLY recommend that you NOT try to by-pass the business courses if you hope to operate your own salon.
          1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • Re: starting from the bottom
            LUCKIEST Guide
            Starting from the bottom, Welcome

Suggestions: Go to Members page and share some info.

Develop a business plan

Contact SCORE. SCORE is FREE and can help.

Good luck
            <!--Session data-->
            1 of 1 people found this helpful