Post a new topic
    6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 19, 2010 6:52 AM by diamondcuter

building a home internet business

homebusiness Newbie

Here are a number of ideas to consider taking a a year off from school

You may hesitate about taking a gap year, worrying that you may lose your mental alertness and adversely affect your studies when you do finally get to university or college. But this doesn't have to happen. It's possible for you to study during your time off, not in the concentrated way you did in high school, but taking courses or having learning experiences that concentrate solely on your own interests and desires.

There are multitudes of possibilities, some of them involving volunteer programs in which to participate. For example, if you're interested in working with animals, then you could spend a few months at a koala sanctuary in Brisbane, Australia. Or maybe you will think of building a home internet business. Or perhaps you'd prefer to enroll in a short art and design program in Ghana, or further your art studies in Italy. Many of the gap year websites like http://www.gapyear.com/ have links to programs like these. Some also include discussion forums where people post information about these opportunities while others share tips and information from experiences they've already gained from their own gap year travel and work.

When you do decide what, and how, you want to study while you're on your gap year, take some time to do a little research. If, say, you want to work with animals, then you don't want to discover too late that it's impossible because you needed a short training course to learn a few required skills. You'll also want to be sure you only consider gap year jobs that are with reputable and reliable organizations. If you consult forums at http://www.gaptear.com/ or http://www.gapyearworldwide.com/, then you can often get feedback to help weed out questionable groups.

Whether you volunteer in Africa, take art courses in Italy, or study the Korean language in Seoul, your gap year doesn't have to mean that you're letting your brain atrophy. You can take courses or do educational work that feeds your soul directly, but keeps your mind active. In this way, you won't need to worry that you might lose your intellectual edge when you return to your regular studies. You can give yourself a broader education in the world, then go back to university and be ready to buckle down.
        • Re: building a home internet business
          jacovsamuel Newbie

You're probably
          here because you want to find a way to make money
          online.
          I don't recommend
          getting started online trying to figure it all on your
          own, for most people that's a formula for
          failure. Great post

Hymesdesign Adventurer
              Yeah I have to agree any help you can get will be beneficial, but the most important tip you can recieve is simply to work at it. Work ethic may not make you rich but I believe with enough effort everyone can make something off the internet, just realize it won't be a cake walk like some companies want you to think and you'll do quite a bit better. Also look into free services like ecrater whenever you find them, after all free is the best price.
              marinasv Newbie
              Why not try dropship?
              Dropship is a supply chain management technique in which retailers buying products cheaply from a wholesaler and having the supplier do the work of picking,packing the products and shipping them to customers - in the retailers' name. Retailers could make profit between the wholesale price and retail price.
              In dropship model,
              You can start your business without any large initial investment;
              You do not have to buy products in bulk - just order after you get paid by your customers;
              You can 'stock' your online shop with a huge range of products, effortlessly;
              All the item descriptions and pictures, you can just copy from your supplier;
              You can list items for sale,and if thay are not popular, you did not lose anything. You can test your market risk-free.
              No warehouse costs and no risk of 'dead' stock;
              No need to worry about packing and shipping.

Sunvalleytek.com lauched dropship service recently with a wide product line of laptop accessories, from laptop AC adapter to battery, from LCD screen panel to networking product. And there is no membership fees until Match 2010.
              More details,please visit www.sunvalleytek.com
                TmasterMind Newbie
                One thing that a marketer should always consider is how he know his business or what he want to put in through the help of different resources just like rich research, social networks and even software to possibly do most of the project management easily as possible. Second thing is the interest to the prefered business because it's one way of motivating yourself as a marketer to push through this and to succeed in that point though you'll not only be targeting similar aspects because you have to expand your business opportunities in order for you to learn more about it, explore its strengths and weaknesses, face the competition and make it running in the long term.
                  DebbyBlitzLoc Adventurer
                  Although a great post with a lot of wonderful ideas, I offer a word of warning. Be careful when you decide to take a year off from college. Unfortunately more often than not, once you take a year off it becomes easier to take just another year off and before you know it 10 years have passed!

It is possible to start an internet business while in school, don't rule out that possibility! Remember you are in college to prepare yourself for the real world of business and making money. Finish your education so that you enter the workforce with the degree you need in today's world!

Debby
                    diamondcuter Wayfarer
                    I agree with Debs,

Its in your best interest to pursue your studies, your taught so many skills that will hold you in a good position when it comes to dealing with business owners, you can offer any business value in so many ways, for me personally I find my bachelors degree in computer graphics design, is a good bow to have when I am speaking to business owners, Don't give up the dream of study is what I am saying.

Its so easy to be lured away from study once you start receiving an income, for me personally I was running a part time work from home business while I was studying, I wont say it was making me millions but it helped with my assignment costs, as my name got out there in my local community, by my third year my business was now making me enough money that I paid for that years fees with my business income, and I was starting to draw a nice little weekly income from it, when your a student like I was at the time I felt like I was a millionaire :-).

Anyways my point is don't give get hooked into the trap of work and I encourage anyone to go and study, don't be like me and leave it until I was in my mid thirties.

all the best