Post a new topic
    3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 2, 2009 7:04 PM by phanio

Need Financing with start up Subway business.what shud i do?

warrior1078 Newbie
      I'm looking to buy a Subway restaurant and need financing for it. Which finance companies should i contact? As i said this is start up, i don't have any experience in running business. Need some help.
        • Re: Need Financing with start up Subway business.what shud i do?
          DomainDiva Ranger
          Subway restaurants are franchised. Some franchise companies require that their franchisees have experience. The parent company usually has financing options.

I am assuming that your statement 'no experience in running a business' means just that. Think twice about any business venture right now that will see you go into debt. Maybe you should get a job at a Subway just to sse the inner workings of the business.
            LUCKIEST Guide
            Start up Subway business, Welcome

Tell us more. Go to Members page and share some info.

Have you developed a business plan??
            <!--Session data-->
              phanio Pioneer
              I think that subway will finance the majority of the purchase and operations - you might have to come up with the franchise fee (I think around $15K or so). Ask them what their options are and what you need to qualify.

There are other ways - SBA lenders love franchise businesses - have you talked to local bansk that offer SBA loans? There are other lenders (mostly unsecured lenders) that can help you but you must have low debt to income ratios and credit above 700 + FICO.

Have you done a web search - there are a ton of finance companies that offer franchise loan programs. We are thinking about adding a section regarding franchise financing on our website.

You could also find a friend or family memeber - that has some money and good credit - to either finance you or go in as partners.

Your best bet would be to start with the franchisor.

Business Money Today
              www.BusinessMoneyToday.com