Post a new topic
    5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 16, 2009 10:32 AM by Brocante64

Starting-up on a small budget?

Brocante64 Wayfarer

It is virtually imperative these days that every company must have a website. Not necessarily for the eCommerce aspect, but just as a marketing tool.
      Having an all-singing-all-dancing website is a thing of beauty and something to be proud of; but do you really need it? - and, more importantly - can you afford it? Along with the initial design costs you will have the on-going SEO and, as your new company develops, the costs of updating your site on a regular basis.

Brocante64.com is a brand-new website designed specifically for individuals, small entrepreneurs and low budget start-ups. It enables you to get your business easily onto the internet at an absolute minimum cost. It is fully functional and allows you, the owner, to edit your site as often as you please at no extra cost.
      So, when you are reviewing your budget and looking for places to make savings think long and hard about your website - do you really need to spend a couple of thousand when €48 per year will suffice?
        • Re: Starting-up on a small budget?
          petersfrance Wayfarer
          Hi Brocante64 thanx for that, just put my little french internet café online www.brocante64.com/internetworld never knew it could be this easy!!
          1 of 1 people found this helpful
            Hymesdesign Adventurer
            Wow, I have to say this is brilliant, the best twisting of a product description I've ever seen. The above user isn't selling you hosting or a domain name, they may never claim to be offering hosting or giving you a domain name, but they do claim they are giving you a site for roughly $70, which is a flat out lie in my opinion. I was going to ignore this whole thing, and indeed left the site for a while after reading the above post but I had to come back...

They are offering you a page off their site nothing more, basically it's a crappy facebook or myspace page, and I mean crappy as in less features and the fact you don't get to decide the design of your page etc...and they are making you pay for it, and tooting their horn like they're doing you a favor... It got under my skin so bad I had to call them out right here, and mention that if you really want exactly what they are giving you then I'll give it to you for a full year at $10. I'll also openly admit that that's too high a price for the service but you would have spent $70 with them so...lol

Anyway if you want a real website feel free to contact me or any of the various other web design or developement companies on this site, but honestly I think you should steer clear of these guys. And if you're reading this and you are "these guys" well I think you should be ashamed of yourselves for pretending that you're doing people a service when in reality you're ripping them off. I call it how I see it, if that offends anyone it's okay you probably wouldn't like my honesty, if we were doing business together, anyway.
                Brocante64 Wayfarer

I always believed it was contrary to the ethics of these forums to abuse other users in an effort to promote your own business?? Obviously you must be very afraid of a little competition. If that is your understanding of "honesty" then yes you are right - we would never be doing business together.

www.brocante64.com was set-up to cater for a very real demand from people who, amongst other things have been ripped-off by web designers in the past - promising "free" web pages - free lunches too I bet................
                    Hymesdesign Adventurer
                    If I could delete my posting I would I did not realize that I sounded so rude, I wasn't actually trying to bash I, but I was however trying to warn people that the services being offered were not in any way shape or form "hosting", or a complete "website." I also wanted to make sure people realized that the service was in fact very similar to a social networking site only because of lack of support from millions of users the features were understandably less. I am not taking back my opinions, but am however apologizing that I came across so poorly, an fyi the crack about offering the same service for less was just that, a joke, I even ended it with lol, which if I'm not mistaken is "laughing out loud."
                        Brocante64 Wayfarer
                        Hymesdesign - appreciate the repost - still not sure about doing business together though!!

In fact I was more saddened by your primary post because it was a reflection of what the internet has all too quickly become - a place for scams & scammers - and your immediate instinctive reaction was that our site fell into that category. Nothing in fact could be further from the truth; it was born from our experience of the fact that web designers often sell all their fancy web pages to unsuspecting clients WITHOUT informing them of what the real ongoing costs are going to set them back, and many people, after paying an arm and a leg for their "professional" website realise they cannot afford to keep paying all of those costs and so their website + all the associated promotional material they have paid for, is rendered as useless.
                        If you took a little time to stand back, consider our targetted client profile (individuals, small entrepreneurs & small budget start-ups) and then look at our design concept it may start making sense to you. Sure we don't offer hosting - that costs money and isn't needed; yes the pages are linked - enhancing the SEO at no extra cost.
                        At the moment there are primarily two levels of web site - the huge multi-page all-singing-all-dancing, money-no-object websites and their smaller counterparts. What Brocante64 is offering is a third "entry" level site; it is fully functional, it gets your message out there and gives you that all-important web presence. When your business has grown and your budgets increased then is the time to move up a level and get all the bells and whistles, but at start-up they are an unnessary expensive luxury.