Post a new topic
    8 Replies Latest reply on Oct 5, 2009 4:20 PM by LUCKIEST

Change in direction for my business??

maverick218 Newbie
      Hi all,
      I'd like some advice; I own a store that is an authorized retailer for one of the major cell phone companies in the U.S. I'm growing very tired of them telling me how to run MY BUSINESS (we are not a franchise), when they give me nothing but the "honor" of having one of their signs over the front door, and the priviledge of buying my phone inventory from them.
      I really enjoy the wireless business, but I've been in it a total of 12.5 years and wonder what I have to show for it all. I have a great location with 1 1/2 years left on my lease, so I'm thinking of trying a change of direction for my business. Does anyone have any advice on my new direction? I have accounts with vendors for inventory in the wireless industry, as well as electronics. Obviously, the economy has to be taken into consideration. If anyone has any ideas, I would really appreciate it.
      Thanks in advance.
        • Re: Change in direction for my business??
          FreeWorld Wayfarer
          Inventory is some thing I don't like to deal with. I'm also doing Wireless cellphones business, a dealer for all major cellphone companies. But I do my wireless cellphone business from my online store which is free to join. all you do is to book in the orders.
          The company will then do the rest. we even do overnight shipping. you earn from $50.00 to $65.00 for every individual Plan, and $75 to $100.00 for every family plan. Click on this link |*http://www.commissionriver.com/publisher_signup.html?crid=14583*|
          to join today

http://www.commissionriver.com/publisher_signup.html?crid=14583

Your free online store will look like this http://riveroffers.com/?crid=14583 Free training materials and free hosting.
          check it out.

You also have this business that is new in the market and it's growing like wild fire
          check it out also http://www.GasSavingFuel.com if you have any question, feel free to contact at pfsolution@gmail.com
            LUCKIEST Guide
            Change in direction for my business, Welcome

Advice is FREE. Go to Members page and share some info.

A good business plan would help. The plan is like a road map to success
            <!--Session data-->
                maverick218 Newbie

Luckiest,

Thanks for replying- I have a business plan; I've been open for over 5 years (I don't think I made myself clear), that's why I was brainstorming for "a new direction".
                    Iwrite Pioneer
                    Maverick,

We could suggest businesses but we would be doing so from our perspective. We don't have a good enough picture as to who you are or what you want to do other than sell phones. I work in advertising but I would not suggest you get into advertising unless you have a strong interest in it.

Since you have the experience with cell phones could you move to more of a consultant role? Think about it, individuals and companies buy phones and plans but really struggle to find what is the right phone and plan for them. You could market your company as the source for unbias information - you sit down with a person, asked all the right questions, and then you research and present them with a couple of options. This would be a move more towards the service end of what you are already doing. Your website could enhance the business because it would allow you to help clients where ever they are. You could host classes and seminars at your store on getting the most from a phone and plan.

I think you could fill a hole that most folks aren't even thinking about - look at the success of Consumer Reports. I don't know why car salespeople don't do this for the car buying process?

Granted this isn't much but without more information from you, I'm flying blind here. That is why Luckiest asked you to fill out your information. The more we know the more we can help.

That being said I hope I added something to the conversation.
                      LUCKIEST Guide
                      Change in direction for my business

It is great that you have a business plan. Have you updated the plan recently.
                      The following is the text book definition of a business plan.
                      the plan serves as an assessment TOOL for you the OWNER. As you update the points of the plan, you will have to reaffirm the viability of your ideas.

As you brainstorm for a new direction, the plan will help make sure that both you and the business are progressing in the new direction.

Good luck
                      <!--Session data-->
                      <!--Session data-->