Post a new topic
    5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 1, 2009 1:14 PM by snccigars

fine cigar shoppe

kyleg455 Wayfarer
      My wife and I are very interested in opening a "fine cigar shoppe". With our main focus being cigars and cigar paraphernalia we would also like to supply men's fine shaving and cologne needs. Bath robes and leather bags are also a consideration. Any ideas, vendor info or suggestions would be very much appreciated. Thank you for your time. Kyle
        • Re: fine cigar shoppe
          LUCKIEST Guide
          fine cigar shoppe, Welcome

Who are you?? Go to Members page and share some info.

Have you developed a business plan?? The plan is like a road map to success.

I am a wine and cigar consultant. LUCKIEST
          <!--Session data-->
          • Re: fine cigar shoppe
            snccigars Adventurer
            I am also in the process of opening a fine cigar shop, also with the idea of fine and classy mens gifts, i.e. old time shaving supplies, fine coffee, hats, canes, etc. The first step is to get your tax id number. After this, you will need to contact your secretary of state and find out what is required to get your tobacco license. You will need to figure out how you need to pay taxes on your tobacco (these have recently gone drastically up due to the federal S-Chip program.) After this, it is simply a process of finding a decent wholesaler or getting in contact with the cigar companies themselves (good luck on both of these, it can rather difficult to find a good wholesaler who is not trying to rip you off, and dealing direct with the makers requires large amounts of business, which equals lots of money.) We are still trying to find a good wholesaler ourselves. After this of course you will need to make sure your cigars or properly taken care of so your customers get good product, so you will need a good humidor and proper humidification for a retail size humidor. Then determine what brands you want to carry, how you want to advertise and the best way to get people interested in your product. Then make some sales! Go to our profile to learn more about our business, we are in the supplying stage right now, we have out license and tax id, we just needing to find a real wholesaler and start our advertising, and we will be in business. We are aiming for a 01/01/10 start date. If you have any more questions or just want to banter about cigars, hit me back here or in any of my other posts. Congratulations and good luck!