Post a new topic
    3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 13, 2009 6:03 AM by wordperfect

Looking for outdoors products and electronics  suppliers

Balaklava Newbie
      I live in Miami and want to start online shop. I am interested in outdoors products such as tents, airguns, paintball, flashlights, scuba, fishing equipment, kayaks, and electronics such as GPS, etc. I had this Idea for a long time, the only problem is finding a good supplier. I know Walmart has almost all these things at cheap prices, so I'll need to sell even cheaper to make money.

I am also interested in selling electronics: Ipods, laptops, cellphones. Can somebody give me an advice on how to find a supplier? Is it possible to buy directly from a manufacturer? Right now I also can't afford to buy goods in big quantaties...
        • Re: Looking for outdoors products and electronics  suppliers
          LUCKIEST Guide
          Looking for outdoors products, Welcome

Who are you?? Go to Members page and share some info.

How soon do you plan on starting this business??

Have you developed a business plan?? The plan is like a road map to success.

Good luck
          <!--Session data-->
              Balaklava Newbie
              I live in Miami. I am not a business owner. Currently getting my Bachelor's degree in FIU. What else you would like to know about me?
              How soon? I was thinking of opening e-store. I can create a website by meself. The main obstacle is to get started. I don't have anything to sell, and will have to start with a limited capital. Before going to bank with a business plan to get a business loan, I would like to have at least some sort of established tiny busness. I mean I would like to make several sales to see if it's going to work out. That's why I wanted to know how to find suppliers and how much I can make reselling what I'll buy from them.
                  wordperfect Scout

Hello, I admire your enthusiasm and entrepreneurial spirit but lucky is right. What you are doing is like putting the cart before the horse and will ultimately lead to failure and cost you money that you don't have.

Even if you want to "get a feel" for the market and success before going to a bank for finance, you really need to think out the hows, where's, when's and what's!

So, a business plan is the way to go, that is your road map as Lucky said, even if it is just for you at this stage.

If you remember Alice Through the Looking Glass you will recall The Cat telling Alice if she doesn't know where she wants to go it doesn't make much difference how she gets there. Well, your question is a bit like Alice's!