Post a new topic
    12 Replies Latest reply on Dec 7, 2007 6:47 PM by CorpCons08

Yuwie Opinions

sincerebasket Newbie
      I created a profile on Yuwie, Myspace, Facebook, and Cafemom.

Yuwie is the brand new profile. Someone else on there also has a business and says that her sales have increased since being on Yuwie.

Is anyone familiar with Yuwie and how things work there? I have found it to be extremely active. A lot more active than Myspace.
        • Re: Yuwie Opinions
          CorpCons08 Ranger
          I personally have not heard of Yuwie. I am going to check it out now though since you mentioned it. (by the way, thank you for mentioning it) I have had a profile on both MySpace and Facebook for quite some time now. I have not received any hits from either. I will let you know what I discover about Yuwie.

CorpCons08
            CorpCons08 Ranger
            I was not very impressed by what I saw on Yuwie.com.

Yuwie.com seems to be very focused on advertising. In fact, they pay their users referral fees for bringing in additional users and having them view pages. The browse feature was more limited than both that of MySpace and Facebook. I was not impressed by their payouts on advertising clicks. It sounds more to me like views to my page would be a 1, 2, 3 thing just to get their $0.10 rather than read through and take interest in the product or service I have to offer.

This is just my opinion but I was not impressed an don't think I will register an account with them.

Regards,

CorpCons08
              Lighthouse24 Ranger

Yuwie is a new one to me. Thanks for mentioning it. I believe that if I'm going to sustain a business, I need to have direct contact with potential customers to demonstrate why I'm the best person to help them achieve their objectives. On-line social networks provide that opportunity (just as real world networking does). For most products and services, social networking sites like Yuwie are not "quick hit" marketplaces -- but rather places to create a foundation on which new seller-buyer relationships can be built.

MySpace, FaceBook, and Yuwie (I just checked it out) are all very easy to work with and have a nice array of content and gimmicks to keep people coming back for more. If there are any drawbacks, it's that there is so much irrelevant (to me) advertising and content on Yuwie, and so many people (most of who will never be in my customer base and could not care less about me personally, or any of my offerings) -- so it would simply take too much time for me to find and connect with ones who might. That's not Yuwie's fault -- it's like a square dancer hanging out in a biker bar looking for somebody to waltz with.

As a purveyor of gift baskets, however, you have a broader market. Plus you're probably younger and more in sync with the content of these sites and the majority of the members. So if you let them, your new virtual friends will get to know you -- and as they get to know you, they will get to know your products.

Anyone in a legitimate business has something worthwhile to share with the world. Yuwie appears to provide yet another place to share it. So by all means, share!
              1 of 1 people found this helpful
                Ed O'Gee Adventurer
                Yuwie - nothing but ads
                Facebook - nothing but kids
                Myspace - nothing but garbage
                1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  LUCKIEST Guide
                  YUWIE Pays Users for Participating
                  Seizing this
                  opportunity, YUWIE, actually pays users for page views. Blogging,
                  posting and updating a profile, attracting page visits from others, and
                  uploading photos or videos all count. The company calculates earnings monthly and deposits funds directly into users' PayPal accounts.

Users
                  who refer others to join can earn from their page views too. This
                  concept is gaining in popularity, as thousands worldwide sign up for
                  the online community.

YUWIE pays only a small percentage to users. However, it can be fairly
                  simple to build a referral tree and start racking up thousands of page views.
                  LUCKIEST