Post a new topic
    3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 23, 2009 7:28 AM by LUCKIEST

Start up in Retail

dexter0889 Wayfarer
      What should i be expection teh start up cost for a small retail cothing store?
      does that include any merch?

Could i be sucessful doing this online to start up first? is that a better idea?

What supplies will i need? ie: cash register racks ect.

How hard is starting a retail business in comparison to other small business?

On any business do you pay taxes even if you dont make a profit?
      how much should i expect to pay?
        • Re: Start up in Retail
          LUCKIEST Guide
          Start up in Retail, Welcome

Who are you?? Have you developed a business plan??
          <!--Session data-->
              dexter0889 Wayfarer
              I have spent many hours online and interviewing sucsesful paintball feild ower operators, but recently noticed the need for a retail business in my area. I am familiar with the process of making a business plan but have not yet done so for this retail idea yet. I know some suppliers of jewlery and some incredable local designers to make the clothing and plan to incorperate the merchendise and advertisment from a lot of local bands.
              All of my plans are still on paper and i have not taken any steps into breaking ground yet, becuase I dont know as much about the retail business as i do with the amusment / paintball feild business. I have spent quite a few days thinking through my plans and basicly judging the area to determine if I am capable of going through with this.

A little bit about the business itself:
              Targeting both genders and all races ages 15-30, providing basic clothing and shoes, along with some jewlery and other small items in the modern rock/emo/rave styles of youth music culture today. The idea is for the whole store to have the theme of rock/emo/rave. And affordable clothing that supports local business, artists, bands and others.
                  LUCKIEST Guide
                  Start up in Retail

0889, It sounds like you are on the right track. Do you know about SCORE?? SCORE is FREE and can help you NOW, before you take "any steps into breaking ground".

SCORE definition of writing a business plan. "Preparing a Bus Plan forces you to think through every aspect of your business. The Plan serves as an assessment tool to you"

Let me know if I can help you. Good luck, LUCKIEST
                  <!--Session data-->
                  <!--Session data-->
                  1 of 1 people found this helpful