Post a new topic
    0 Replies Latest reply on Sep 19, 2009 3:22 PM by studio 525

Quick Twitter Experiment for Newbie Online Marketers

studio 525 Adventurer
      Here's a great way for Newbie Online Marketers to get their feet wet with Social Media and see how quickly they can get and test results.

1. If you haven't already, set up a Twitter account for your business.

2. "Follow" people who share an interest in your product or service. This will quickly build your list of Folowers. You should be able to get over a hundred easily the first day. If you want to work at, go for 300.

3. Write a few "Tweets" of interest to your Followers. Not marketing yet. Then write something that attracts them to your website and a specific offer.

4. Go to to shorten the url and place the url instead of your url. This will allow you to track the number of users who click on your url and tell you where they came from. You can also do this with Google Analytics and get more specific info. But the stats will tell you what time they click up to the minute. You'll see there are a whole lot of Tweets coming very quickly. So you don't have much time to make an impression. will also show you what people in your market are writing that get the most Tweets. You can learn a lot from this.

Some of your commercial Tweets may only get a few clicks, 20 or 30. Some may get 100s. This will tell you when you're on the right track. You have to be very careful about what you write. If your Followers begin to decrease in number, you know you have given them information they don't need, like or find offensive. You've crossed the line. Your Followers will tell you when you've done this. Don't do it again.

When you write a Tweet that is particularly appealing to your Followers, they will send it on to their Followers. This is called a Re-Tweet. RT. You will find you get a lot more clicks from RTs.

It will only take you one day to set up an account, get a 100 Followers and do all the above. By the end of the day, you'll begin to see the potential of Twitter and Social Media in general.

I usually don't post my urls in Online Forums because some people don't know what they are. They're very common on Twitter so it's no problem. But since I explained, I'll make an exception in this post.

If you want to see how I get tons of targetted web traffic, first page positions on Google, 18% online conversions rates and 4-6% closed sales, click on the link below. It will take you to my company website Studio 525. You'll find, case studies and tons of information and resources on online marketing, including Social Media. You can also download our free 48 page e-book: The Complete Online Selling System: 5 Proven Steps That Turn Your Website Into A Powerful Sales Magnet.

And I'll know exactly where you clicked from and when.

If you've got a business website and want more traffic, at least try the experiment I described above. I think you'll be pretty impressed with your results.

Good luck and let me know how it goes.

Peter Cutler
      Principal / Creative Director
      Studio 525