Post a new topic
    10 Replies Latest reply on Dec 4, 2007 4:45 PM by david28078

Google Apps

david28078 Adventurer
      I must say I have been using Google Apps as my main "business suite" now for a few months and would recommend it if you want to get out of MS World Google apps is a really cool mobile suite of tools and growing.

Best

David
        • Re: Google Apps
          LUCKIEST Guide
          I whole heartily agree. Our non - profit has been using and share information and ideas on Google Apps.
          Thanks, LUCKIEST
              david28078 Adventurer
              Luckiest - People are geting too quick to slam Google these days but where else can one get all these tools for free or next to nothing?

My apps account is $50 per year with a dom name.

All my SEO clients can easily share document with me and I actually have one of their Google Pages websites (just because) which shown in the Top 10 rankings for my local market recently.

I pay for my Picasa account too - I'm not rich or anything I just feel the need to give back to a company that gives so much and has so many good things in the works - watch out for whatever Jot Spot becomes - a Wiki??????

Best

David
                  CorpCons08 Ranger
                  I too use Google Apps and find it to be absolutely fantastic.
                  They more and more they have packaged into my account has been an asset.
                  I greatly appreciate Google and love their Manhattan office >:o
                      DomainDiva Ranger
                      Just remember that Google stores all of your information...for good or bad...they have it. You might ask to see 'your portfolio' one of these days...you may be really surprised.
                          CorpCons08 Ranger
                          What do you mean by that? That kind of scares me.
                              david28078 Adventurer
                              DD I try to be a good boy on the net so fear not what information is available.

In fact doing what I do for a living it's great :) More links and chances of showing up on good radar.

Think about a visit to the Doctors (or whatever) when you have to practically yell your soc sec # at them and other scenarios

Google have all my details except soc sec # and I trust them with it without fear - I trust Google and Amazon + the hosting company I use

David
                                  CorpCons08 Ranger
                                  I don't know why my previous post didn't show up...
                                  I trust Google with my information.
                                  If they ever screwed me, I have a lot of connections there that it would be taken care of.

CorpCons08
                                    DomainDiva Ranger
                                    I pay cash for my medical services. If a doctor will not see me without a SS number I leave. As a matter of fact this has happened...once. David its not so much as being good as it is being available and 'out there and vulnerable'.

As far as apps go...there is no way I would use a Google app to design anything for my technology or gmail to send an email to any of my team. Thats JUST ME. Anyone using these apps that has a good experience and is happy...great.
                                        david28078 Adventurer
                                        DD - I used the Page Creator just because - I know it's not a Dreamweaver et all replacement but I am #7 for a one page resume type site that leads to my main sites - remember in my world the breadcrumbs count :)

At the moment I've been forced into doing SEO for a nice client who was talked into an Ajax and Flash website by the designer who sat at the same table as the client and I when I said specifically HTML the web designer nodded away like a duck now pulls this stunt on the client and my job is going to be a nightmare and the really nice client is shafted.
                                        Google page creator makes for a better ranking site and it doesn't cost $10,000

D
                                      DomainDiva Ranger
                                      Whatever you do, through your google accounts is stored. Remember that Google turned over personal/email info on a customer and that customer was arrested and tossed in jail in China. YouTube (owned by Google) closed the account of an Egyptian blogger who reported on human rights abuses and is now in jail in Egypt.

I am totally amazed at people who use outside services and then expect the information to go magically away if they hit the delete button. It does not work that way.