Post a new topic
    10 Replies Latest reply on Sep 25, 2009 1:46 AM by TheMaster

Are Ornaments Only For Christmas?

yolkstar Wayfarer

Looking for
      a few good creative and innovative up scale retailers who understand the
      potential of selling hand blown and hand painted glass Christmas ornaments that
      aren't mass produced and offer something different than your competitors
      because you are the designer of your very own unique collection.

The
      marketing of ornaments doesn't have to end when the holiday season is
      over. It can be a 12-month season. There are many uses for ornaments other than
      decorating trees. Every community has
      its own history and celebrations throughout the year. Year around ornaments have unlimited possibilities for those retailers
      who are creative and innovative.

We
      represent a privately owned Ukrainian family Christmas ornament business that
      produces hand blown ornaments from local medical glass, hand painted with
      certified German paints by 30 artists, and hand packed in individual cartons
      for display and protection during shipping.

Highly
      skilled painters will create hand painted ornaments using your artwork to
      produce an exclusive collection of ornaments for you. Every handmade ornament
      will be unique and special in its essence and design and given the warmth of
      human hands and the beauty of the Artist's Soul. Every stage of the processing
      is under the supervision and control of highly qualified masters.

Contact us at mailto:yolkstar@gmail.com to have your own
      collection designed.

• Re: Are Ornaments Only For Christmas?
          CorpCons08 Ranger
          Intriguing. First of all, welcome to the Small Business Community. I have a few questions.

1) How long have you guys been in business?

2) What do you mean you use medical glass? That scares me a bit.

3) Do you have a website showing off some of your work?

CorpCons08
              yolkstar Wayfarer
              1) How long
              have you guys been in business? Newbies

2) What do you mean you use medical glass? That scares me a bit. Health reasons
              because of some people may have a reaction to glass; so producer uses medical glass. We are living in a time when everything
              causes health problems.

3) Do you have a website showing off some of your work? No website. Do have slide
              showing how ornaments are produced.

CorpCons08 Ranger
                  It sounds all very intriguing. I think a better way to say that it is a safe glass, is maybe call it "health concious materials" or something along those lines. Calling it medical glass sounds like you are reusing glass from the medical industry which can be kind of scary. You should consider building a website to show off some of your produced work. Consumers like to see samples of production. I know I would. Have you developed a business plan? Skolnick & Associates International LLC would be more than happy to provide you with a FREE initial consultation to talk about your new venture. You can email us at d.skolnick@skolnick-associates.com.
                Mozart Wayfarer
                Sounds wonderful. Instead of focusing only on glass ornaments can the concept be expanded to other glass items? The reason why I am recommending this is that many people tie ornaments with Christmas so your revenue stream would be seasonal. Alternatively, if you don't want to expand your glass items, I suggest using a different word to describe it vs. ornament as the term ornament in the U.S. is often associated with the holiday season.

There are many extremely profitable glass factories/companies - but they focus on a broader set of glass or crystal items. Also, when advertising these items it's always helpful to provide information of the process/work involved as you described below. For example, I took a tour at Orrefors (a famous crystal factory located in Sweden) and watched a glass artisian put together a crystal wine glass, paint it, etc. I then appreciated why one glass was $100 USD - as there was so much work & time involved and was more than happy to buy it. So I suggest providing detail on the process similar to your post description on who is making the glass, how long it takes, if there is a special story, etc. regardless of your price point.
                  LUCKIEST Guide
                  Yolkstar, Have you prepared a Business and Marketing Plan??
                  This is the holiday season and the time to sell. What are your plans for December Sales??
                  You wrote that It can be a 12-month season. How are you going to promote the product??
                  Good luck, LUCKIEST
                      CorpCons08 Ranger
                      LUCKIEST,

He does have a Business Plan.
                      As I have already asked.

CorpCons08
                        yolkstar Wayfarer
                        Thank you for your reflections concerning my question, are ornaments only for Christmas.

Yes, this is the Christmas season and Christmas ornaments are being
                        sold. Why? Because producers show their products at trade shows early
                        in the year. The bulk of sales take place at these shows and
                        production to fill these orders begins in March to be shipped to
                        retailers by September.

I am not interested in competing with the big dogs from China or
                        India. There are small trade shows at the major merchandising marts
                        around the country I plan to exhibit in a few of them. In addition, I
                        will be working with designers and retailers to allow them the
                        opportunity to have their own private collections produced, as well as,
                        with marketing representatives. I noticed in your profile you
                        mentioned trade shows.

I have lived in Ukraine for 4 years since I took early retirement to
                        enjoy life. Life is good in Ukraine. It is a country with unlimited
                        potential. Living here and being married to an Ukrainian business lady
                        helps to understand the culture of doing business here. It has taken
                        time to build trust and working relationship with the producer. That is
                        why I am able to offer an alternative to retailers in America.
                        designer Tracker
                        I don't think ornaments are only for Christmas. Matter of fact, I have all my jeweled Joan Rivers eggs in a living room curio and it is lit and on display all year. It's very pretty to look at and guests always enjoy.
                          TheMaster Newbie
                          No ornaments are not only for festivals. They can be used for decoration irrespective of seasons and festivals. But they must be good enough to be used otherwise.

http://www.leatherheadglass.co.uk
                          <!--Session data-->