Post a new topic
    7 Replies Latest reply on Sep 15, 2009 7:54 PM by dancheadle

Furniture/Interior Design Company

Madi1909 Newbie
      Hi all,

I am currently looking into opening a small Modern Furniture/ Interior Design Company with a close friend...Unfortunately, neither of us have any business background. I do have an interior design degree and passion for anything to do with beautiful interiors. Anyhoo, we are now in the "research" phase of our startup, and looking for anything that can help us with our venture. If you can assist by either giving some advice or directing us to perhaps a more helpful site or even a book, it would be much appreciated...Now that we have figured out what we both want to do, we need to go about it the best way possible...We have a significant amount to invest, and want to make the most of it...

Thanking you in advance for your help.

Madi!
        • Re: Furniture/Interior Design Company
          LUCKIEST Guide
          Furniture / Interior Design Company, welcome Madi

If I was planning on opening an Furniture / Interior Design Company I would do the following

Register with the I R S
          Develop a Business Plan
          And Contact SCORE. SCORE is FREE.

Good luck
          <!--Session data-->
            MoveForward Scout
            Go to the Home Page of this online community.
            Today's featured business article is on VC's.
            It is an EXCELLENT article. (Titled: Venture Capital
            101 by MyCapital.com. I took a peak at their
            site this too can assist.

The very best!
              Tracker

Madi:

I, like Luckiest, believe that you should start with a business plan. Developing a business plan is a necessity for giving your business the best chances for survival.

Don't know how to create one? I have a free page on my site that gives details about what is in a business plan and what you need to take into consideration when creating it. Here is the link:

http://thesologuide.com/planning/

It sounds like design is your passion which is great. I am a big believer in creating a business that is an extension of who you are (strengths, experience, passion). Passion will give you drive and purpose - especially when you run into perceived obstacles. Passion for your purpose will turn a perceived obstacle into a challenge for creating opportunity - while those that don't have passion for their business typically stall or give up.

But, passion alone will not pay your bills. Creating your business plan will provide focus for your research. Don't make the mistake of only researching the information as to why your plan could succeed. You need to see if the research provides data that indicates where your plan may fail. You are making a great start by performing research and reaching out to professionals in business communities like this one.

You mention that neither you nor your partner have business experience. Do you have common strengths, weaknesses and experience or do they differ and compliment each other?

Be open to the idea of outsourcing your areas of weaknesses to professionals that can help you - whether that may be consultants, accountants, lawyers, etc...

I wish you well in your endeavor.

Please let me know if I can be off further assistance.

All the Best,

Doug Dolan

The Solopreneur's Guide

http://thesologuide.com/
                Tracker
                Sorry All!

Not sure why my message posted twice. I am not trying to self-promote by loading up discussion threads with multiple messages.

My apologies.

Doug Dolan
                The Solopreneur's Guide
                http://thesologuide.com
                  Partnership Adventurer
                  Where are you located? I have an oppurtunity that may be of interest to you and inline with your direction.
                  I may be contated directly v email at etatsolutions@comcast.net Please see www.esperient.com

Partnership
                  W. A Tate, CEO
                    dancheadle Wayfarer
                    Please read...

this changed my life and business..
                    how would you like to have 150 millionaires at your fingertips with advice and learning as you need it and make time, (daily)???

www.ilearningglobal.biz/elitesuccess

watch the videos..

this busienss is remarkable...and it has a turnkey business opportunity, so as you introduce others like i am with you...YOU make a fantastic residual income that can help you in your business launch!!!!

dan cheadle 616-446-6076 listen to my message...(you will like it) 1-888-303-3896

lets talk!
                    dan