Post a new topic
    5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 21, 2009 6:59 AM by amspcs

Who uses Quickbooks Merchant Services?

amspcs Ranger
      How many of you out there use QB processing services?
      What are your likes and dislikes about it?

AMSPCS
        • Re: Who uses Quickbooks Merchant Services?
          LUCKIEST Guide
          Who uses Quickbooks Merchant Services

Is this a proposal??

I DO, LUCKIEST
          <!--Session data-->
            I have used QB for a number of years; just had a major issue on a large amt. I tried to process - that they would not release the funds on......they also will not increase your limit - unless you keep a certain amt. in a business checking to cover the amount you want to be able to process - no sure if all companines are the same......but I am now looking elsewhere; they have held me back long enough
                amspcs Ranger
                What is basically happening is: When you applied for your processing account, you spedified a certain projected volume and average ticket amount, and they're holding you to those figures. The security system is set to 'flag' transactions that exceed the approved amount(s) by certain pre-specified multiples. Remember that a merchant account is a line of credit, and just like any other credit line, if you are approved for one amount limit, that doesn't necessarily mean the lender is OK with 2-3 times that amount. So if you processed a much larger amount than the underwriters are comfy with risk-wise, they want to make sure you have enough cash on hand available if the transaction goes sour so that the processor doesn't get stuck with the loss. All processors are like this to a large extent, although I believe Intuit is more troublesome to certain merchants in this regard than some other processors.

There are many possible solutions to your issues, most of which regard (a) getting properly underwritten,(b) setting up with a processor with more experience and track record in your specific industry., and (c) most of all, getting properly trained so you understand how processing works and how to correctly deal with scenarios like this in order to avoid issues before t hey happen (this is the primary problem with QB merchant services--training is non-existant).

Hope this helps, call or email with questions.
                AMSPCS
                amspcs@juno.com
                www.MerchantServices-help.com
                    Yes, it is a real problem; I have learned quite a bit since the incident; however, I am finding it difficult to locate a company which will accept the type of business, limos, charter bus, etc., transportation services

Any suggestions
                        amspcs Ranger
                        Yes, many suggestions. We have successfully underwritten many in your industry over the years, including a major charter bus company in California, with few or no problems. It's all a matter of all parties involved understanding the business model of each other from the outset, and seeking out partners who are comfortable with the other's business type...in other words, no one-size-fits-all solutions. Please drop me a line. Thanks.
                        AMSPCS
                        amspcs@juno.com