Post a new topic
    2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 31, 2009 6:32 AM by LUCKIEST

what do llc's cover

cheylonk Newbie
      a few friends and i have decieded to start a web site, and i think that an llc is the best way to go...but i am still trying to find out what it covers or even if it is a good idea...any help is welcome...thankyou
        • Re: what do llc's cover
          LUCKIEST Guide
          what do llc's cover, Welcome

Who are you?? Everybody in business should have both an accountant and a lawyer.

Talk to YOUR Lawyer

An LLC combines corporate and partnership characteristics.

Again talk to your lawyer, LUCKIEST
          <!--Session data-->
          <!--Session data-->
          • Re: what do llc's cover
            LUCKIEST Guide

Copied from a post by nevadalawyer (and thanks)

Limited Liability Companies

The newest business form is the limited liability company ("LLC").
            LLC's offer the tax benefits of a partnership and the personal
            liability protections of a corporation. Though this may sound similar
            to a limited partnership, LLC's offer more flexibility than limited
            partnerships. For example, unlike limited partnerships, LLC's have no
            general partner. So no LLC member will be exposed to unlimited personal
            liability.

LLC's are typically easier to form and maintain than corporations. LLCs
            are formed by filing a simple certificate with the state and entering
            into an agreement with the other owners stating how the company will
            operate. An LLC can be set up so it doesn't need formal meetings.

Selecting the proper form for your business is critical, as it affects
            issues like control, personal liability, taxes and other issues that
            directly affect the success of your business. Each of the business
            forms has advantages and disadvantages. Our law firm can review your
            situation to see which form is best for your business. <!--Session data-->